Humbucker size / fit for a 1995 CE 22.

tip

Please recommend the PU design for trying out some new PU's for my mint 20 year old CE 22.
DO I need short legs to not do any mahogany body routing?
I am unfamiliar with humbucker replacement in these fairly thin solid body guitars.

I might try some SD's, Suhrs or... ? Probably going to sell my Dragon 1's, if I settle on a great tone.
The older I get ( BIG 60 coming up) the less distortion I use. Love this fat neck that has absolutely no stickiness this summer.

[URL=http://s946.photobucket.com/user/m55sb55/media/1995%20PRS%20CE%2022/P1140367_zps8njohr8t.jpg.html][/URL]

I pretty sure any square bobbin PRS pickup will have longer legs. That's what I have run into with mine and I don't think it's just CEs.

Gibsons tend to be longer as well.

I would email manufacture to make sure legs aren't too long on anything you buy.

Does anybody know why the longer legs on PRS squabins?

I have never understood the reason for long legs on any humbucker. Did Seth Lover think anyone would ever lower it any amount below the ring?

I don't think Squabbin legs are as long as Gibson legs. They are about the same as older PRS pickups I believe.

The depth of the main part of the routs is pretty shallow, but there are deep wells where the legs/screws go. They don't handle much depth beyond standard humbucker designs. So as long as you keep that in mind, I don't think you'll have any problems.

Not sure on a CE, but my McCarty standard had zero issues taking squabbin pickups.

Thanks for the help. I am researching my local town Pick Up maker... Seymour D. I wish my new 2014 CU 22 had this neck and satin back. No stick!

Back