How would you feel?

It was stated and recorded as a 10 top…………….. nuff said……

send it back, ( I know how it feels):mad:

Send it back and order one from Ikebe or one of the other ones in Japan. They'll be cheaper than buying one in AUS and they'll ship it to you, unlike major US dealers. You might be able to find a smaller US dealer that will ship. If you find one in the Danville, California area, (hint hint) I'll drive over there and check the guitar for you and take pictures and all that.

The frets are unacceptable, but easily fixed! That said, you should not have to fix anything on a brand new guitar of this caliber!! The spot in the wood is what it is!!! I agree that it should not have passed as a 10 top with that imperfection, so I would ask the dealer and PRS to compensate you for the difference between a 10 top and regular price on that same guitar, and then also some compensation for having to polish the frets on your brand new world class instrument!!!! Best of luck, but I personally would keep it, I LOVE that Aquableux and I think it is an excellent example of that stain (flaw in wood aside)!!!!!

Strictly speaking, it's Aquableux Purple Smokeburst; I have one in the same finish.

The fret issue seems to me something that happened at the dealer, and it's a simple fix. Production flaws in the finish of a guitar can be perfectly rectified by PRS under warranty, though you don't see issues very often (out of probably 35-40 PRSes I've owned, I had some of the old poly paint lift on the edge of a fretboard, and they took care of it).

PRS will take care of you. Whether you want to bother with having them do it is up to you. If I liked the guitar a lot, I'd have them do it. If the guitar wasn't a keeper, probably wouldn't.

By definition then, this is not a 10 top. Personally I wouldn’t have kept that.

As for the frets, I had to polish them on my 10 top WL as well, but not because they were corroded, they just weren’t polished enough (especially for the cost). I consider occasional fret polishing a necessary and largely unavoidable part of guitar ownership, so for me those frets would have been annoying but not a deal breaker.

By definition then, this is not a 10 top. Personally I wouldn’t have kept that.

As for the frets, I had to polish them on my 10 top WL as well, but not because they were corroded, they just weren’t polished enough (especially for the cost). I consider occasional fret polishing a necessary and largely unavoidable part of guitar ownership, so for me those frets would have been annoying but not a deal breaker.
For everyone here….
Frets can simply get corroded from weather.. Try some Gorgomyte.. fantastic cleaning cloth for frets and fingerboard. Just cut off a 3” square From the cloth…..The $10 cloth (Amazon or buy direct) will last at least a year. No steel wool or messy polish or fingerboard oil to deal with.

Back