How to ruin a collectible guitar in two easy steps

That's a factory pinstripe job. I've seen those before. The ad even references a sales catalog.

Tuners are a nightmare, but easily replaced. Bridge is not a Floyd. Most likely stock. I guess the guitar seller is the son or grandson of the original owner, and not a gear head, so their feature list description is way off.

Price is certainly high....

Similar one in black. Maybe the catalog guitar?
01077_front_detail.jpg

Last edited:
Go home guitar, you're drunk.

aa4f6d5cztfkbdrrldoj.jpg

And those are what, like the third set of tuners put on that guitar? I see holes for the originals, and then another set, and then....dude lands on these?!?! :confused:

Whatever, we all make mistakes... I sh!t the bed way more worse than $4700 by blowing off my stock options for Starbucks back when I worked there in the 90’s.:oops:

Here's the real kicker... the seller received the guitar as a stripped body. The original parts were used for a different project. So it was assembled as you see it today to put it back together and sell it.

I'd love to buy this one and send it to the PTC for restoration but finding the missing parts would be as spendy as the plugs and paint work. And when it was done, I'd have a guitar worth a lot less than what I spent.

Last edited:
Back