How to install a Vibrato Bridge

John Mann

olslowhand
Authorized PRS Dealer
Hi everyone! My good friend Joe Marino (aka MoJoeVision on YouTube) helped finally edit this instructional video, which details how to correctly install my MannMade USA 6 post vibrato bridges on to your guitar, easily and successfully!

This works for the following models: #2000NOS PRS original one piece cast (Mil-Com) bridges, PRS current production bridge (ACC-4007), MannMade VintageVibrato #2010, MannMade USA ModernVibrato #2030, as well as the S2/SE PRS bridges (SE-0038).

Take your time… follow along… have fun!!!

BTW… if you enjoy watching live music videos, check out Joe’s YouTube page
Special thanks go to my wife Roxanne, who shot the video… over and over and over again

Click here to watch

I really enjoyed watching that - it looks simple enough that even an "all thumbs" guy like me should be able to do it. Also very nicely shot and thoroughly explained!

Now all I need is a trem-equipped PRS... :)

I'd trust Mr. Mann with my most expensive instruments in a heartbeat, but am I the only one that gets a chill down his/her spine when I see power tools used on a guitar? lol

I'd trust Mr. Mann with my most expensive instruments in a heartbeat, but am I the only one that gets a chill down his/her spine when I see power tools used on a guitar? lol

No. I did my first tour at the Martin factory 14 years ago. As we were going through the final check area, they were getting ready to drill a guitar for strap pins. I started getting butterflies in my stomach. I know that guy did that for a living, but I couldn't stand to watch. When I had pins put on my acoustic, they said they could do it while I waited. I said as long as they weren't doing it where I could see or hear it because I wouldn't be able to stay. I went and got lunch anyway.

Excellent, John! That took any fear of the process completely away. For me, the bridge is an almost scary zone because so much of intonation and playability is controlled there.Ya just gotta jump in! :cool:

BTW... I have found that the 2.5mm wrench "feeler gage" works best is you screw the post down below and then back it up until the wrench slides in. Easy breezy ;-)

I am happy some of you find this video useful.

John,do you have any final checks done after using your brilliant method?

If you set the guitar up as shown in the video, it should be good to go. After I have done it I Usually "eyeball" the screw heights looking from the neck down to the bridge, just in case I goofed. If that looks good, string up the guitar , the bridge should respond with no clicks, pings or bumps when you use the trem. It should be "buttery, smooth".

It's actually pretty simple to do. But of course... I have a little bit of practice ;-)

I did a setup on my DGT yesterday.Had some tuning problems.This method is so simple to use and it works great.Did a setup with 10s and tremolo works perfect now. :)

Back