How many is enoughj?

My wife has at least 100 pairs of shoes, so what's 12 guitars :) I surely have enough but will always want more. Luckily my wife is a collector at heart and on top of shoes, she has lots of other collections. She encourages me to build my collection of guitars (within reason of course) and to not sell a guitar to fund another one.

However, this threads really reminds me of how fortunate many of us are. We're definitely talking about first world problems here!

I have at times throughout the years thought that I have enough guitars. Then "something" happens & I change my mind. Not sure what that "something" is - Currently working on identifying the "root cause" of GAS, but not sure I will find it...................:)

The correct number of guitars is however many you have when you say "I have enough guitars"...
For most of us, that's never. But, that number is always subject to change. There's no hard and fast rule to this, it's always an evolution of our wants and needs.

I think I am more of a player/singer/writer than a collector even though I currently have 15 or so stringed instruments around the house. About 2/3 guitars of which I mainly play two carbon fiber acoustics and my one electric, a PRS Bernie. The rest are singletons for various reasons.

If I get another electric it will be a higher end PRS, but I have to play the instruments I have now enough to warrant getting another. Might even let Bodia or Dusty go shopping for me and then have Les approve/reject their choice as I like their taste from what I have read. Seems like arranged marriages work out more than not. However, if the arranged marriage doesn't work out or I can't convince them to spend OPM, then I will just have to figure out what guitar John B. or John M. is playing at the time and/or like best and grab something similar if possible. In the meantime I am still lurking but don't plan to do anymore shopping until at least next spring.

Cheers,
Tom

Guitars should be played. I think that if you have guitars in cases not being played, you probably have too many. I have been scaling down and have sold 12 recently - but acquired 2! Maybe 3!! The allure is hard to resist and forums like this don't help. :D

The Borg...

hqdefault.jpg

The Borg with a guitar...

6a00e39826b2898833012876079956970c-800wi.jpg

Back