How do you guys do it?

How can you order a private stock or special order and wait up to 12 months??!
It'd be nice it if were that low, it's actually 18 months for a Private Stock as of December (it was 9 in July though, so maybe the person having fun installing inlays for those 35th Anniv. Dragon is now a bottleneck ? :p )

And yes, it's just a pipeline and you need to keep ordering for future months/years.

Being broke helps. I’m on my longest no NGD streak ever.

I don’t know why I liked your post, a learnt reaction I guess. What it may mean is that you’re having a lot of fun with that gorgeous PS that you have!

Having watched guitars going through the build process, I derive almost a perverse pleasure from the anticipation.

I waited 11 months for a Custom 22 I special ordered. My buddy ordered his the same day I did but in a different color and specs and got it in 3 months!

It’s good to wait for things. Builds character.

The only time I got antsy waiting for a guitar was when I was in college, and ordered a Martin D-18. Stores didn’t stock many Martins in my area, so I had to order it.

But I was young and foolish then.

78801205_758456921324925_8078392849388693948_n.jpg

Took a year and half for this to arrive. Be patient, it'll be worth it.

I had what turned into a 17-month wait when I ordered my RS Classic from (the now-defunct) RS Guitars in 2001. It was, shall we say, less than fun.

I ordered my silver sky and it won’t ship until March 13.

I’m having a horrible time waiting just over a month to get it. How can you order a private stock or special order and wait up to 12 months??!

Patience is a virtue.

but I must have called in sick on the day that God was handing Patience out.... cuz I ain’t gots none.

I’d never be able to wait 17 months for a PS build. The longest I can wait is 14 days. This was confirmed by my nephews birth. I was like ‘What? 9 whole entire months?’. Almost drove me crazy.

I don’t know why I liked your post, a learnt reaction I guess. What it may mean is that you’re having a lot of fun with that gorgeous PS that you have!

Having watched guitars going through the build process, I derive almost a perverse pleasure from the anticipation.
Yeah, the PS was like having a long standing prescription of GAS-ex. I do still want some new guitars now that I’m a few years down the road though. I’m in the process of going back and revisiting a few of my ole reliables a little more frequently just to play something different. It hasn’t really thwarted the desire for something new though.:(

Yeah, the PS was like having a long standing prescription of GAS-ex. I do still want some new guitars now that I’m a few years down the road though. I’m in the process of going back and revisiting a few of my ole reliables a little more frequently just to play something different. It hasn’t really thwarted the desire for something new though.:(

Then your desperately lost Vaughn! I see a new guitar thread in your future;)

I bought an old beat ce 24 because it rang like a bell. First it took 4 months to have Chris Bavaria refinish it (the previous owner had “touched” up the finish. Then another 2 months of hunting for a pair of 57/08’s, then 3 months in que to have it rewired. When it came home it wouldn’t stay in tune. Then life interference. Next, 6 months wait for a John Mann milcom trem. Back in line to have it installed. My luthier got blindsided by divorce proceedings. It was 6 more months of helping him battle depression and he did my guitar. It still wouldn’t stay in tune. 6 more months on the back of the rack at home. Somehow I figured out that the trem claw was hitting the backplate when it was on- the factory screw holes were at a bad angle. Back in a very short line to have the screw holes plugged and redrilled. Switched to a new Mann trem. I just finished breaking in the trem today so it will stay in tune. It’s been 3 years now. I was too patient to give up, because I was convinced it could be great. We’ ll find out at the DC Blues Society on Sunday. Now there’s a woman I’ve been patiently talking to...............

Last edited:
The longest I can wait is 14 days. This was confirmed by my nephews birth. I was like ‘What? 9 whole entire months?’. Almost drove me crazy.

Wow - you got a call right after conception? Or was it a series of "this might have been the one" calls?

My bro was telling everybody immediately. And then kid was like a whole month late. The nerve of that child...

My second child was born within a couple weeks of two of my friends (and coworkers) having their first children. The three of us hung out a lot at work, and someone said, "All three kids are due around the same time? Did you plan that?" My one friend opened his mouth, but before he could say a word, I said, "Plan it? We were on the phone during conception yelling out instructions. 'No - wait! Not yet! GO GO GO GO GO!"

Patience is a virtue.

but I must have called in sick on the day that God was handing Patience out.... cuz I ain’t gots none.

I’d never be able to wait 17 months for a PS build. The longest I can wait is 14 days. This was confirmed by my nephews birth. I was like ‘What? 9 whole entire months?’. Almost drove me crazy.

Wait until you have your own... your patience meter starts to fill real quick!

Back