How do you guys do it?

Parenting is for life, my friends. I thought it would be pretty much over at 18 when we had ours. Oh, no... been twice that long and you never stop thinking about them and wanting them to do well. And, when the bottom drops out, you are on speed dial. It's a life sentence. And, of course, I wouldn't change it for the world. :) A good wife and 5 grown kids is a blessing of a lifetime.

Oddly, I was never offered the Puppy and a Cactus option... perhaps there was a penance due for my misspent youth.

The utter audacity of some babies just boggles my mind... :p

Exactly. The audacity.

But nephew gets a pass because of how cute he was as a baby.

And he would smile at me when I’d play (wrong notes and all) on the piano. Looking back now, that smile was probably gas. He was a VERY gassy lil baby.

And I’m not talking about PRS induced GAS either.

Exactly. The audacity.

And he would smile at me when I’d play (wrong notes and all) on the piano. Looking back now, that smile was probably gas. He was a VERY gassy lil baby.

And I’m not talking about PRS induced GAS either.

Haha...you never know, could've been both!

My younger boy (7 months) LOVES musical instruments. Whenever I play, clean, or even sit by one of my guitar cases, he gets a big ol' smile on his face and crawls over to get in on the action. He especially loves the A50E acoustic.

Wife sent me this pic the other day before I got home....
Hbyl66E.jpg

Can you believe the audacity of this kid? :D

Last edited:
Haha...you never know, could've been both!

My younger boy (7 months) LOVES musical instruments. Whenever I play, clean, or even sit by one of my guitar cases, he gets a big ol' smile on his face and crawls over to get in on the action. He especially loves the A50E acoustic.

Wife sent me this pic the other day before I got home....
Hbyl66E.jpg

Can you believe the audacity of this kid? :D

Uh oh... my crystal ball says that some of your musical instruments may be getting snuck out of your house in about 13 more years.

Somebody gonna be in a band.

:)

Exactly. The audacity.

It’s all part of their plan - be cute as all out when they’re babies and you get all the pictures. Then when they get older and wreak havoc, those pictures save them.

When my son was little, my wife would always tell him what a nice face he had. When he’d get in trouble, he’d flash his little smile and she’d let up a bit. I don’t remember what he did, but I was disciplining him for something, and he got that little smile on his face, and I said, “You can’t smile your way out of this one.” I wish I had a video of the realization creeping across his face.

Having done several Private Stock builds in the past 10 years, my experience is that the waiting is indeed pretty tough!

It seems at least a few people ordering PS guitars have a continuous stream of new guitars coming in. So while they may be waiting a year for one, their next fix is only a week away :)

Okay, so you figured out how I cope with the anxiety! :)

Guilty as charged.

The secret is to order one every 3-4 months, whether you “need/want” another one or not, that way you always have one coming soon...

Yes, this also helps! That way when one shows up, you know pretty soon you can start searching for the work in progress on the next one on PSF!! ;)

Also, it has been tough for me over the years to resist the temptation to try to change the spec, which results in change fees, delays, and getting the PS Team's "naughty" list. (A place I think I permanently reside at this point...)

(But hey - there are much worse problems in life than this one, waiting for amazing guitars!)

Now that I am back from Hiatus - you know there is probably one going in the oven soon, right? :)

How do we do it? Um, either standing up or sitting down. Only 2 ways you can play a guitar, forget waiting for one for the predetermined gestation period.

P.S. I only lie down to rest, other times it's work work work...

I think I’m going to get a puppy and a cactus instead. Lol.

One does their business in a diaper, which you have to change, and wipe away the evidence.. If you think that’s icky, the other does it on your floor, same wiping deal afterwards. Both demanded to be fed all hours of the morning, demand constant attention, trips to the doctor, are a constant distraction while you’re driving, and MAY destroy one of your prized guitars.

Obviously, the right choice is.... BOTH! .

I think I’m going to get a puppy and a cactus instead. Lol.

One does their business in a diaper, which you have to change, and wipe away the evidence.. If you think that’s icky, the other does it on your floor, same wiping deal afterwards. Both demanded to be fed all hours of the morning, demand constant attention, trips to the doctor, are a constant distraction while you’re driving, and MAY destroy one of your prized guitars.

Obviously, the right choice is.... BOTH! .

Alright, I give - which one is the cactus?

Back