How Can I Tell If My 2018 594 Wood Library Is An Artist Model?

Why don't we just see pics? LOL

There are even CE Wood LIbrary guitars. These have quilt tops, which is different from the regular CE flamed tops, but that do not have 10-tops or artist grade, just quilted tops.

I tried to post a pic of my new guitar, but the image at the link won't appear. Since I'm new here to the forum, I think I need to create 2 more posts in order to have access.

Last edited:
If there is no hang tag in the case, check the side of the case for the MODCAT. It's an alpha numeric code that, on Core models, will tell you all of the specs about the guitar (it also located underneath the bridge pick up). On Wood Library, and Artist package guitars, it's different, and won't tell you like it would on a Core. Often times Wood Library runs will have Artist Grade tops. The thing that sets the two apart is an Artist Package is typically a one off order for a customer, or shop. Wood Library runs would be a group of 10 guitars that a dealer would spec, and hand select the woods for.

For example, I have a Wood Library 509 that a dealer did a run of 10 of. They all had Artist grade tops. It was still a Wood Library though, based on the run of 10.

If you've got a MODCAT, you can decode it here:

http://www.toragraphics.com/modcat/

Yeah, and some of those 10 we bought could be argued to be as much of a looker as many Private Stock tops.... there was some nice wood in that run!!!

Yeah, and some of those 10 we bought could be argued to be as much of a looker as many Private Stock tops.... there was some nice wood in that run!!!

Actually, some of them should have been. IIRC, Tosca was with Brian when he was picking the woods. Paul Miles walked by, stopped, and asked, "why aren't these tops in the Vault?" or something along those lines.

Here’s a pic of the guitar in question that I started this thread about.

O1KpXlm.jpg

Last edited:
Actually, some of them should have been. IIRC, Tosca was with Brian when he was picking the woods. Paul Miles walked by, stopped, and asked, "why aren't these tops in the Vault?" or something along those lines.
Rehashing an old thread while doing a search... To those who know, don't let the proverbial cat out of the bag...
Two of my guitars ... What would you personally rate the tops? One is of course a satin finish so it won't have all the full gloss effect.
I'll throw in a 3rd guitar that is confirmed Private Stock for fun.

284104476_10221948717731073_6284184574955671443_n.jpg

245484019_10220867600743824_1166205234519993198_n.jpg

Back