Hostile Takeover!

I have to say that I've been an Ibanez guy since about 92 when I bought a Radius 540. I currently own 5 of them. Radius, S520, RGT, AX, and a RG7. I still love my Ibanez guitars but in the past few years discovered that I really love Schecter as well. I have 2 of those now. An 07 Hellraiser, and now I recently bought a Schecter JL-7 Fr. And I love it to death. However, with my first PRS purchase I can positively say that I will be buying more. What I won't do though is blow my wad early and buy every PRS that I come across. I will definitely take my time and buy what really feels right. They really are sweet guitars

Lol well I don't know what PRSi means but I can only imagine the money that's been spent on guitars in this forum. I definitely know my limits and try not to temp myself with stuff I can't afford. However, once I played my custom 24 se, I had to have it. It is unlike all of my other guitars and plays so smooth that it's ridiculous. Even better, I got it for a more than reasonable price, and it didn't hurt my wallet a bit.

I will say though, if I had the money I would be all over a 513, just sayin.

That's pretty much what happened to me as well. Just waiting on PRS to make a 2x12 vert cabinet!

I told the wife today that since I have a green and purple guitars, my next will be blue...and then of course I'll need a red one, orange one, and yellow one to complete the rainbow!

If a girl MADE me had sex with her, I wouldn't call it hostile.

I understand your point Dusty Chalk, ;), but unfortunately for me, I have been a picky bastid about almost everything, but especially guitars and women. Maybe that's why I'm trying my best to save up and hold out for a PS. If only I could keep my wallet and other things in my pants until the right time! (face palm)

I understand your point Dusty Chalk, ;), but unfortunately for me, I have been a picky bastid about almost everything, but especially guitars and women. Maybe that's why I'm trying my best to save up and hold out for a PS. If only I could keep my wallet and other things in my pants until the right time! (face palm)
My only beef is with the word, 'hostile'. Why can't it just be a takeover?

Why are all minivans mini, why can't some of them just be vans?

Why do they call them supermodels, aren't some of them just 'models'?

My only beef is with the word, 'hostile'. Why can't it just be a takeover?

Why are all minivans mini, why can't some of them just be vans?

Why do they call them supermodels, aren't some of them just 'models'?

Great point. From where I sit, most of the models I see on TV wouldn't get the time of day from me, at least looks-wise. The TV stations doing interviews always try to hype up these models. The older Victoria Secret models from yore were far better looking.

Like my guitars, I have gotten so picky, it's verging on stupid. ;)

I'm more impulsive with guitar trades and purchases. Life is short. May pick up a Singlecut this week just because my wife likes the color.

I've been down that impulsive route as recently as within the last year and a half. I thought I wanted a specific guitar, ordered it, then was disappointed in it when it came in, and sent it back right away. I did this 8 times in that time period.

That was when I decided that I need to look at PRS. All the guitars I sent back were multiples of guitars I had had already but did not currently own. I was all over the place with different guitars. Teles, Strats, Gibsons of several varieties, a Chapman, Reverend, and others.

It actually took me all these tries to realize that all this time, what I currently had was the best, but I still wanted something more and different from what I play.

I have to say that I've been an Ibanez guy since about 92 when I bought a Radius 540. I currently own 5 of them. Radius, S520, RGT, AX, and a RG7. I still love my Ibanez guitars but in the past few years discovered that I really love Schecter as well. I have 2 of those now. An 07 Hellraiser, and now I recently bought a Schecter JL-7 Fr. And I love it to death. However, with my first PRS purchase I can positively say that I will be buying more. What I won't do though is blow my wad early and buy every PRS that I come across. I will definitely take my time and buy what really feels right. They really are sweet guitars
I played a couple 540S models from 1987 through about 2000. I always loved Ibanez, and had one of their ES335 copies as well. I switched to a Jem7VWH, and then some of their RG7 models, including a couple J Customs. I still have a Jem, a J Custom 7 and a swirl 7 that I built from part of a RG7620 and a 777 neck. Great guitars, still my favorite trems ever.

I also turned into a tele guy, and have had half a dozen Fender and G&L versions. I have an ASAT classic and a Tom Anderson Mongrel at the moment. Nothing like a good tele when the mood strikes. Just about any mood...

And now I am getting some great playing in on my SC245. That is a really great guitar. I will try a few other models along the way and see what sticks. I will probably not take my time because I am in GAS overdrive...

Thought I already replied here, but that's a sweet set up man! Dig it.

Back