Hfs vs 57/08

Derek Neufeld

I picked up a really nice red orange fade wl cu24 w maple neck .. original owner owner replaced 57/08 with hfs set, what are your thoughts on comparison? Ive had both just not at the same time, i use a kemper with an ac20 profile

I agree they couldn't be more different but the simple answer is all that matters is how the HFS sound to you. If you like em keep em and if you don't swap em.

I personally prefer the 57/08 but that's a difficult blanket statement because the 57/08 are pretty different over the years and it all depends on the guitar, amp, and player.. Which brings up the kemper. I have a kemper too and even though I have my favorite profiles there are infinite more profiles to choose. If I was you I'd be more interested in exploring the kemper with HFS.

I’m not even sure, at least the HFS has a personality.

The nicest thing I can say about the VB is: it’s a functioning humbucker guitar pickup.
We figured out in this thread what Paul couldn't.. VB in the bridge and HFS in the neck.. wait didn't playing albums backwards already happen?

For me, it is 57/08s all day long, and the night. Interesting though, I liked the VB, HFS combo in my CU24 better than I did the Dragon IIs in my CU22. It has been a good while since the CU24 has been out of it's case so I am sure my memory of those pickups has greatly faded. I swapped the DIIs for 57/08s so that guitar started winning every time the day those went in.

Back