Here’s my New to me PRS (Also after some advice)

Ben Dodd

Hey guys!

I’m new to the PRS family so thought I’d introduce myself:)

Currently 27, and been playing since the age of 13. Always wanted a PRS since as long as I can remember and I’ve finally taken the jump!

So here she is. A SC Standard Soapbar.
A family friend offered it to me, and was impossible to say no!

The only tiny issue I have (if it’s an issue) is the previous owner had a gecko sticker on it which you can see in the photos. You can see it’s faded into the guitar. So my question is, is this an easy fix or will I have to let it naturally fade away over time?

rcj12e.jpg

ftn60z.jpg

Last edited:
ftn60z.jpg

There an easy way to post photos?! Looks as though they aren’t showing up which doesn’t help!
To post photos you have to upload to a 3rd party site like Imgur or Flickr, then grab the direct links and paste them into a post using the Image tool.

This forum doesn't support direct upload of images by users.

ftn60z.jpg
rcj12e.jpg
Hey guys!

Currently 27, and been playing since the age of 13. Always wanted a PRS since as long as I can remember and I’ve finally taken the jump!

The only tiny issue I have (if it’s an issue) is the previous owner had a gecko stick on it which you can see in the photos. You can see it’s faded into the guitar. So my question is, is this an easy fix or will I have to let it naturally fade away over time?

Nice score! I love those Singlecut Trems. I think you may be out of luck on the gecko outline, though. The rest of the finish has aged and darkened around it and I think it would be tough to get it all evened back out again. I'd be likely to embrace it as an interesting little bit of character.

SWEET !!!! I have never seen one like that congrats
PS I think the outline is kinda cool ;)

Hey guys!

The only tiny issue I have (if it’s an issue) is the previous owner had a gecko sticker on it which you can see in the photos. You can see it’s faded into the guitar. So my question is, is this an easy fix or will I have to let it naturally fade away over time?

rcj12e.jpg

ftn60z.jpg

Nice score! I love those Singlecut Trems. I think you may be out of luck on the gecko outline, though. The rest of the finish has aged and darkened around it and I think it would be tough to get it all evened back out again. I'd be likely to embrace it as an interesting little bit of character.
Yeah I was thinking it may be a tough one. I’ve kind of got use to it so I’ll embrace the gecko for now!

Exactly. The Ghost Gecko.

(We have Mediterranean Geckos here in Florida, [non-native], and they have a ghostly look to them, so I would think it kinda cool...)

I am not sure why someone would put a sticker on that gorgeous guitar...but that being said, it looks pretty good faded in. It looks nice and even, almost as if it were intended as opposed to accidental over time. I bet the faded gecko looks better than the sticker would have looked.

Back