Help Me Choose a Custom 24

Which Custom 24?

• 2020 Custom 24 Black/Grey 10 Top ($3,300)

Votes: 18 51.4%
  • 2019 Custom 24 Black/Grey 10 Top ($3,100)

Votes: 8 22.9%
  • 2015 30th Anniversary Custom 24 Gloss Black ($1,850)

Votes: 9 25.7%

• Total voters
I voted for #1, because nitro finish, TCI pickups and natural back. I prefer the top of #2 and #3 seems like a good value. But like Sergio said there are some beautiful used ones out there with some added variety like maple or RW necks.

I voted for #1, because nitro finish, TCI pickups and natural back. I prefer the top of #2 and #3 seems like a good value. But like Sergio said there are some beautiful used ones out there with some added variety like maple or RW necks.

Yea, these are all pretty unique. Still having a hard time making up my mind. I know there are some others out there with added value, but finding one in a Black/Grey or Black I like is the challenge. Pretty much an set on those colors.

I'd go with the 2020 one with the nitro finish. Nitro is very desirable, and it's the finish they use on their great-sounding Private Stock models. I love the finish on my PS guitars, and it's the main reason I ordered a 2020 McCarty.

I'm convinced that a nitro finish sounds different from poly, and I like it more.

I'd go with the 2020 one with the nitro finish. Nitro is very desirable, and it's the finish they use on their great-sounding Private Stock models. I love the finish on my PS guitars, and it's the main reason I ordered a 2020 McCarty.

I'm convinced that a nitro finish sounds different from poly, and I like it more.

How do you think the nitro finish effects sound? Gives it a darker, warmer tone or a brighter one? More balanced?

yeah you’re going to need at least two of these.

Yea, definitely wish I could get both! . I'm still having a hard time deciding. Its pretty much between 1 and 3. The cost is a big factor even if I trade in my telecaster. I also like the natural back of the 2020, but do like the binding and worn in feel of the 30th Anniversary one.

Reactions: jxe
1.500 dollars less.
I wouldn't even think about it for a moment.
same guitar, same pickups and you can keep your tele.

You need to have a cu24 with round bobbin 5909 option. That would be a winner.

Last edited:
Back