Help Identifying a PRS

Berserker26

Hi All, this came up for sale and it looks to be quite old and maybe private stock if i zoom in on the headstock. I haven't seen the knob/switch location like this for a while and the recesses look from the photo's to be sort of off centre. Also I can't figure out if it's a legit old bridge?

I've asked the owner for more photo's and the model, he doesn't know the model and asked me how you'd tell. I'm yet to hear back however wondering if the brains trust here can have a look at these potato quality photos of the guitar and tell me if it's real/fake/model???

s-l800.webp

s-l800.webp

s-l800.webp

I'm not a perfect expert or anything... but regardless of the tuner button style, those do not look like locking tuners to me at least.

So if it's not Kluson style tuners........ I'd want some pics of the backside including closeups of the headstock and tuners.
Show some serial number, etc...

Tuners are wrong indeed and the white nut and strapbuttons don't look right to me. And I have my doubts about the bridge also.

It's normal for the recesses to be off-center due to the top carve. I've seen where others have swapped locations of the switch and pots. However...

That is definitely NOT a PRS bridge. There are several other incorrect details that lead me to think it is a fake. I'd like to see pics of headstock front/back and back of the guitar to be 100%.

It's already janky enough to make me walk away from buying it.

It's normal for the recesses to be off-center due to the top carve. I've seen where others have swapped locations of the switch and pots. However...
That is definitely NOT a PRS bridge. There are several other incorrect details that lead me to think it is a fake. I'd like to see pics of headstock front/back and back of the guitar to be 100%.
It's already janky enough to make me walk away from buying it.
Agree on all counts. The headstock looks wrong, and the locations of the pots and switch are off as well. Those less than detailed photos were supplied with purpose ...
I'd say fake for sure.

Thanks all, much appreciated. I've been able to zoom in on the headstock and compare it to other headstocks with the eagle on it, it's not in the same position. I'm calling FAKE based on all of your input.
Thanks very much.

It looks like you are deep linking images from Ebay or something? The image format is `webp` which isn't supported across all browsers.

Indeed, the use of the webp image format is most annoying, especially since saving a few kB on an image is not really the main drag of the Interwebz these days.

Anyway, I'm not sure it is a fake, I think it is just a heavily modified (older) McCarty: an owner swapped out the Kluson-style tuners for something else, along with a bridge "upgrade".

Oh, and since the owner was modding things, straplocks and a new nut are not exactly the last things anyone does to PRS guitars. Maybe a bone nut.

As for the eagle on the headstock: PRS has done the odd run (25th anniv, for example) with a smaller eagle on the headstock. Or maybe the mod-happy owner stripped the headstock down and got an eagle decal/applique.

Gotta wonder if those are stock pups too.

More pics are definitely warranted, but with the mods, I wouldn't pay more than $1200 for it, and that's if everything is otherwise kosher.

If that guitar was real and that modified....the seller has the obligation to supply pics. I would walk away. With the pics supplied I would question it's authenticity. However, it would not surprise me if this was authentic but modified beyond recognition. Why try to solve this mystery, there are other guitars for sale. If it's a real PRS that seller is gunna have to sell it local where someone puts their hands on it, because apparently they can't take pics.

Back