Hello long time owner first time poster

Kelster3000

Hi all long time owner first time poster!! I bought my PRS McCarty back in 2001, after university and years of hankering after a PRS. I started working and with my first salary when into a local PRS dealer and, feel in love with a non 10 top Teal black McCarty, leaving me to have to borrow money to get to work! Safe to say my parents were not happy.

Anyhow she has been through countless gigs, rehearsals, dings scratches knocks bangs dents and even after almost two decades she still blows me away and plays like silk. Strangely over the years and owning other guitars, have grown . Appreciation just how of a complete package PRS are, awesome playability and has a loads of balls and mid grunt which just other guitars just cant quite get to (maybe with the exception of my telecaster)

Welcome! I had a '98 McCarty in Teal Black, just a huge sounding guitar! Had to sell for monetary purposes. I've always wondered where it is today. :(

I've got a teal Standard 22. Lovely look and a powerhouse. Welcome!

Welcome to the PRS forum! Nothing like a 20-year marriage.

May we see a picture of your beloved?

-K

Hi all long time owner first time poster!! I bought my PRS McCarty back in 2001, after university and years of hankering after a PRS. I started working and with my first salary when into a local PRS dealer and, feel in love with a non 10 top Teal black McCarty, leaving me to have to borrow money to get to work! Safe to say my parents were not happy.

Anyhow she has been through countless gigs, rehearsals, dings scratches knocks bangs dents and even after almost two decades she still blows me away and plays like silk. Strangely over the years and owning other guitars, have grown . Appreciation just how of a complete package PRS are, awesome playability and has a loads of balls and mid grunt which just other guitars just cant quite get to (maybe with the exception of my telecaster)

That’s fairly obvious, Mr.!

:D

Welcome to the forum. Well stated: PRS guitars are the complete package!

Welcome! I had a '98 McCarty in Teal Black, just a huge sounding guitar! Had to sell for monetary purposes. I've always wondered where it is today. :(

Funny, I always regret selling a guitar... and have felt that way many times. My first was when I let a Gibson ES 347 go when I was a 19 year old dumbass kid.

I'm about a year late here, but welcome to the forum! I also have a 2001 Teal Black McCarty. I'd love to see some pics of yours -- assuming you still have it!

Back