HEART - Mistral Wind

CoreyT

PRS Addiction
I have never heard this song until this morning coming back to home base at work from another site I work at for awhile first thing in the morning.
It starts out slow, but man does it start rocking later on with some powerful rhythm.

Album version

Live version from Seattle 2002

I love it too. Anybody else pick up the Zeppelin influence in it?

There's Led Zeppelin influence all throughout Heart's music. I think they usually play a Led Zeppelin cover in their live shows. Several years ago I saw Heart perform with Jason Bonham's Led Zeppelin Experience. The first set was Jason Bonham's band playing Led Zeppelin song. The second set was Heart playing their songs. The third set was Heart playing Led Zeppelin songs along with Jason Bonham and the guitarist from his band. The third set opened with Battle of Evermore with Ann Wilson on acoustic guitar and Nancy Wilson on mandolin and the finale was Stairway to Heaven performed like they did it at the Kennedy Center show for Led Zeppelin. Great show.

I was getting a little Tony Iommi vibe from some of the riffage too.
A lot of talent has come out of the Seattle area here.
Heart
Stone Temple Pilots
Pearl Jam
Hendrix
Queensryche
And many more I cannot think of.

I use to listen to a lot of Hearts stuff when they first came out years ago.
Was dating a girl before I got married long ago that was really into Heart.

I saw Heart on the Dog and Butterfly tour! 1979 Texas Jam!!!!! (It was like my second or 3rd concert, I was 14). Mistral Wind has been one of my favorite Heart songs since it was a new release!

That was quite the festival bill: TKO/Sammy Hagar/Nazareth/Van Halen/Boston/Heart/BOC!!!!!!!

Tom

When did I see Heart? I think it may have been Dog & Butterfly, also. I had such a crush on Nancy that I tried to meet them backstage, Almost Famous style. Never even got past the driveway, though, so think the short version of the movie. None of that other stuff happened.

I'll be honest, I did not hear the Led Zeppelin influence until they did Rock & Roll on their Greatest Hits live album. I was fairly oblivious to Led Zeppelin back then, so didn't hear the Zep influence on, for example, Sylvan Song/Dream of the Archer, which is fairly obvious in hindsight.

Back