Has anyone had to drop gauges due to health issues?

I like that video. I've watched it a few times in years past.

That said, nothing beats real world experience and what works for you.
I know what feels best and works best for me. I know what sounds beat to my ears too. Part of the sound is the fact that you will play better on something that feels better.
Yeah, that video was part of why I decided to try 8's, but I must say, they did not feel right to me either. I felt like I could adjust EQ enough to get me over any tone differences, but there is no EQ for the tactile response ;~((

But to that point, for me makes a huge difference in feel.
And on my guitars I definitely noticed my leads sounded brighter and sort of icy with the 9s. We record our practices and it jumped out.
I'm already playing a lot better, way more enjoyable since I went back to my home base of strings. Lol.

9s on my electrics and 8.5s on my Mira...its a HT...recently went to 10s on my acoustic...you get used to the sound...my hands are damaged!! Plus Billy Gibbons and some other greats used super light strings...whatever it takes to keep rockin!!
Agree 100%.

I may end up on lighter gauges.

That Digitech Drop Tune looks great but it requires 250mA and I don't have any space remaining on my pedal board power supply other than 100mA at most. It doesn't take a battery, so that is also not an option. Oh well, I was excited to maybe get one. Maybe if I can upgrade my power supply this summer.

It's OK, I've had the guitar for 9 years and used it on plenty of commercials, so it's paid for itself.

The mistake is that it sounds so good, it'd be great if it was perfect for my hands at this point!
I’d send it to Jack and have the neck reshaped. After 4 hand surgeries, I live with 9’s, and the knowledge that I can’t get back what I used to have. I also know I can still play, and use my therapy putty religiously . The good outweighs the bad.

I'm constantly adjusting the neck and action, etc. Sometimes I like to go for a different feel on a guitar.

Back