Hard Decision...

Charlie

I just purchased a PRS Hollowbody 12 String - a real beauty.

f803955c-57e9-454e-860b-aacf16290fe4.png

BUT, I promised my wife I'd sell one of my other PRS'. Which one do you think I should keep. I like them both the same. Which might generate the most cash is the real question?

Currently I have a 1994 Custom 24 Top 10 (I'm not selling this one :proud:); a Starla-X (maybe this one - but won't generate enough cash); a SC-250 and a Mira MT. So the question is between the SC-250 and Mira.

1) The Mira is a 2008 Prototype Maple Top that I purchased new. It's perfect, just some minor swirl marks on pick guard. I have a letter from PRS signed by Larry Urie stating it was an R&D guitar.

7cebcd08.jpg

2) The SC-250 is a 2007 Royal Blue. Paua birds. It's unique because it has PRS #8 pickups and shielded pickup cavities. It only has one small chip on the neck by the fret board - otherwise it's perfect.

image.jpg

3) Here's the Starla-X too.

image.jpg1.jpg

It's a tough decision. Thoughts.

Without pictures of your wife, there's no way to tell how much cash she'd bring... :eek:

I'd remind her that you said one of your other PRSi, and that you haven't yet gotten all your other PRSi (gotta account for future purchases), so it may be that you'll sell one of the ones you haven't bought yet.

That should buy you some time.

+1 on what Les stated. the one you play the least. But if I had to say just pick one of them, i would do the Starla x.

If it were me, I wouldn't let that Mira or Starla out of my sight, so the SC would be gone but I also think your gut will let you know.

Strictly speaking out of personal taste the SC250 would be the one I'd put up for sale. But as has been said, you should be selling the one you play the least.

The HB12 is superb!

Thanks for the replies. Appreciate the views (I'll keep the wife. Like a good guitar - she's mellowing with age). I'll keep the Mira too. The toss up is between the SC-250 and Starla-X. Whenever I reach for a guitar to hack round with, I always reach for the Starla. It just fit my hand well - very comfortable. The Sc-250 has a great feel too and I love the color, birds and chrome. The PRS 8s sound is unlike others. Soooo. My decision is - BOTH are going up for sale. whichever sells first is the one that was meant to go. I'm trying Reverb for the first time too (eBay's 10% is a killer). I'll let you know which sells. Thanks again.

what's a pity that have to let one of them go but just let The SC-250 is a 2007 Royal Blue. sacrifices :(

You could list all 4 guitars (or 2 guitars) and test the market, then decide if (or which one ) to sell.

FYI - Agree with the others in general - sell the one you play the least.

Back