Guitar Top Poll - Which Emerald Do You Prefer?

Which Top Do You Prefer?

• Darker SC Emerald and SC Wide Curl

Votes: 12 31.6%
  • Darker SC Emerald but with 594 Tight Curl

Votes: 3 7.9%
  • Lighter 594 Emerald with 594 Tight Curl

Votes: 10 26.3%
  • Lighter 594 Emerald but with SC Wide Curl

Votes: 13 34.2%

• Total voters
I like the older darker emerald green color better. The flame on that newer on pops more, there’s more contrast.

I have a bit of a dilemma with my 2007 grey black SC. I like the color a bunch because it’s a classic PRS color, as emerald is. The quilt is ridiculous. I’ve never been a huge fan of the black back but it suits the guitar. My small issue is, while I love the color, I feel it hides the top some because of how dark it is. I’m contemplating a PTC trip for a refin. Maybe charcoal with some type of translucent back color. I’m a little torn as I drooled over this guitar for a long time before finally getting it.

I feel your pain. My '08'Cu22 is such a great guitar, but hated the Royal Blue. It was soooooo dark, and covered up a cool top. Refin to Purple Hazel changed everything.

Oh, now we’re makin’ it personal? Careful, you’ll wake up with a closet full of nothing but left shoes. :mad: And no cocktail sauce.

Besides...if you guys only knew the truth about my avatar...:rolleyes:

Gasp! Not my shoes! I take it all back! Here, borrow one of my Santanas! :D

Gasp! Not my shoes! I take it all back! Here, borrow one of my Santanas! :D
Aww, I could never disrespect that fine collection of foot joy. Besides, you’re probably over due for St. Elmo’s “fire” anyway. See how these things turn around? :D

Aww, I could never disrespect that fine collection of foot joy. Besides, you’re probably over due for St. Elmo’s “fire” anyway. See how these things turn around? :D

Yeah baby! Fire is good! Nothing like blowing up an eyeball!

The green top I like the best kind of lands right between those two, like this...

594-6.jpg

Technically it's Jade Green according to PRS but I've noticed quite a bit of variation on all colors depending on how the wood takes the stain. The only green I haven't liked is the mash green, just looks like pea soup to me.

I like both of those, hard to pick one over the other just based on top color :)

See that just looks like Emerald to me, or maybe my Emerald has faded into Jade?

See that just looks like Emerald to me, or maybe my Emerald has faded into Jade?

I think that one looks like Emerald as well. Jade leans a little more olive.

It's important to note that Emerald Green and Emerald are two different colors:

• Emerald Green was a color starting back late 80's/early 90's time frame until the 00's somewhere. It generally had a black back, but sometimes translucent green.
  • Emerald became a stock Core color for 2017. It has a natural back and is a brighter, more detailed color.

Foot joy?
Like the Harvard comma, so much can be conveyed - or avoided - with a single space between words. Did he mean “joy for the foot” or did he take a blatant swipe at trademark infringement by using a company’s name to besmirch a friend’s shoe collection? The world may never know... o_O

...but you can guess! :D

Like the Harvard comma, so much can be conveyed - or avoided - with a single space between words. Did he mean “joy for the foot” or did he take a blatant swipe at trademark infringement by using a company’s name to besmirch a friend’s shoe collection? The world may never know... o_O

...but you can guess! :D

Either way, I feel like the brunt!

I think as long as we stay away from any sponge bath talk, we'll be ok.

Back