Guitar Top Poll - Which Emerald Do You Prefer?

Which Top Do You Prefer?

• Darker SC Emerald and SC Wide Curl

Votes: 12 31.6%
  • Darker SC Emerald but with 594 Tight Curl

Votes: 3 7.9%
  • Lighter 594 Emerald with 594 Tight Curl

Votes: 10 26.3%
  • Lighter 594 Emerald but with SC Wide Curl

Votes: 13 34.2%

• Total voters
Faded enmerald anyone?
cBZqAxx.jpg

The 594 isn't Emerald green, it's Ezra Verde.

Nah, the new "Emerald" color is lighter than the old "Emerald Green" color. Emerald also looks like it's double stained color, which Emerald Green was not. Eriza Verde is a little more yellow with a green burst.

Maybe it's the lighting, but the first one looks closer to Teal Black to my eyes.

They both look great to me, though!

The new Emerald colour might dethrone Eriza Verde as my favourite colour. Colour me jealous...

Not that I expect you to, but it would be interesting to see a photo of both in natural light (side by side).

Beautiful guitars, enjoy!

Your gut talking to you?

My gut and I parted ways years ago...

Ok, since you all are thinking the worst.

I found a beautiful, one of a kind top on a 2006 Singlecut. I love the top. The guitar, maybe not so much. It's 25" scale, black back, just not exactly my speed.

My wife is in love with the top, and wants me to only ever play that guitar.

The SC594 was a shot at replacing the SC. Probably everything about it is better for me than the SC. I was hoping that it would let me flip the SC. However, nice as the 594 looks, the SC just has one of those irreplaceable tops.

Now I'm gonna wind up sending the SC to the PTC to get the back changed to white and try to get some 58/15 pickups in it. If only they could change the scale length...

Back