Grainger basses?

My friend ordered his the week before NAMM and was just told May 1. He may have a heart attack waiting that long!

Tim - Paul stopped by the shop with the 4 string prototype today. Plays, looks and sounds amazing. Great low end, clarity in the mids - tons of tonal options with the active and passive controls!

Tim - Paul stopped by the shop with the 4 string prototype today. Plays, looks and sounds amazing. Great low end, clarity in the mids - tons of tonal options with the active and passive controls!
The makena blue with maple board?

Yeah, I saw it there. Looks amazing, did not get to hold it though.
It sustained forever when I played it unplugged. It's awesome. I'm anxious to see where they are priced at when they come out(not that I'm serious enough about bass to probably squeeze one in to my stable). I loved it though.

Did you get a chance to play it plugged in? I'm very interested in buying, but the basses in the past have not blown me away, which they would need to do for the price range. During NAMM i believe the PRS twitter account said they would be in a price range similar to the Maryland Made maple tops, so probably in the $2k neighborhood. I hope its cheaper though if they sound as good as they look.

Can anyone (Shawn?) tell me the width of the neck at the end of the fretboard? I see the 12th fret spec online, but a bass I am happy with only lists its measurements at the nut and the end of the fretboard. I would like to compare.

First post :hello:

Sweetwater has some in stock: http://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/GGBassR5CB

202223-body-large.jpg

Last edited:
I've gotten an email 3x for the last post, so I'll respond:) looks great! Although I don't care for the maple headstock, rosewood board much.

Back