PRS Grainger discontinued?

madeinbologna

I saw this on the PRS Grainger 4-string page:
Note: This model is no longer available for order. Due to our backlog, it will still be shipping through 2023 and may be available from our Authorized Dealer base.

But I don't see the same notice on the 5-string page.

Clarification from those in the know? Is the whole line being discontinued? If so, will there be a replacement?

You don't see them very often. It wouldn't surprise me if they were low enough sales numbers that they stopped making them for a while. From the statement on the page, it sounds like they have a backlog of them to build. I am betting they don't build them as often since they have to change the equipment over to make them since the measurements are different than the guitars.

You don't see them very often. It wouldn't surprise me if they were low enough sales numbers that they stopped making them for a while. From the statement on the page, it sounds like they have a backlog of them to build. I am betting they don't build them as often since they have to change the equipment over to make them since the measurements are different than the guitars.
I think this is saying they have a backlog of the other models to build. Since this one is low volume, they are suspending orders. Just like you say, to minimize set up time.

Back