GAS aside... Should i buy an SE ZM even though I have a CU22 already?

tip

There's a Zach Myers for sale I am pondering, it has upgrades a core nut and locking tuners and a set of SC245 humbuckers-for 550$
I was just thinking of getting a hollow body but I am not sure I can take the fret board edges and fret ends?
I haven't tried one. Wish they sold these in my town to tryout.
They look nice not sure I like the Santana 24.5" short scale but it has a satin back neck so it won't feel too Indonesian, from what I can see.

My core has great tone and sustain.
Just looking at the nice SE guitar wondering if I should just stick with a smooth player, my core 2013, CU22, and leave the SE 22 fretter for someone else?

Last edited:
If it`s a Zack Myers, it`s Korean made, not Indonesian. The scale will be 24.5 so it`ll feel closer to a Les Paul than your CU22. That`s a helluva price for a guitar with so much upgrading. I say if you got it, go get it. IF you don`t want it, tell us where to find it.

Which group of madcap, addicted enablers are you asking whether you should BUY another PRS?

The answer is always YES!

I just played my buddy's ZM today, great guitar. Very light, resonant and airy sounding, and I would think it to be a nice contrast to your Custom 22.

I was just thinking of getting a hollow body but I am not sure I can take the fret board edges and fret ends??

Huzza wuzza? You mean a Core Hollowbody? I don't see why the fret ends would be anything less than any other PRS. You must have meant something else by that...

Those ZM's are fantastic guitars, as are all regardless SE, Core, and so forth. However, and this is just my opinion, having a Core guitar from the beginning, has always ruined me for SE's. I've owned about half a dozen and they never stick around very long.

Hell even my two Custom 22's don't see too much action these days because all I play is my HBII. It is just the best guitar I've ever played. Though I have felt reluctant about gigging it out (if I were gigging) due to it's sheer cost. I just can't see risking a 4K investment in some dive bar.

Anyway I guess my advice is if you have the money, buy a Hollowbody! If your not in a position to do so, and feel comfortable spending 550$, then go for that ZM absolutely. You'll be happy with it.

Edit: After a re-read I think you were talking about the SE Hollowbody? The new ones do look redonkulous. They blur the line even more so between SE and Core. Between those two it comes down to a preference between Singlecut and Doublecut. As well as scale length, etc.

Last edited:
Thank you friends. This GAS attack just seemed right. I am really happy to have both PU sets they will complement my two PRS, 2013 CU22 (57/08's) and a 1995 CE22 (dragons).
It comes with the stock zebras and a set of USA PRS SC 245 pickups with brushed nickel covers.
The owner says it has good sustain so that is really great.
It does have some buckle scratches on back but everything else is in fine condition, pictures nice and ding free.

I love that it has my favorite electric guitar nut of all time along with some nice looking locking tuners. I gave him an extra 20$ for shipping so $570 total seemed like a nice way to get some different PRS flavor.
Now it's looking into these USA PU's , I think they are alnico 5 medium outputs?

I'll do a NGD in a week or so. Thanks for the prompting, kind details and wishes. Crank it!

buy it. i've played one in a music store in Germany. was great. still cursing cause i didn't take it home.

but on the other hand, i took a se custom 24 30th anniversary with me. but still i would have loved to buy both :)

images

Back