Friday I'm in Love (with PS#5902)

JustRob

Zombie Six, DFZ
Finally have had just a little time to sit down with my guitar since it arrived Wed. evening Most often I just pick up my guitar to noodle around so I don't plug in. This guitar shines in that capacity. The natural volume and clarity are magical. Just strumming one chord and letting it ring is enough to bring a smile to my face.
The craftsmanship is superb. It's been a while since I've had a thin neck, and the satin finish I have makes her feel like a real shredder. (If only I could shred...) I'm hoping to sit down with my amp some this evening and see what tones I can dial in with the 58/15s. Maybe I'll get crazy and try to record something.
The beauty is definitely more than skin deep on this one.

Way cool Rob. I know the feeling. Honestly, I've barely played any of my other guitars since getting mine. Glad it turned out to be just as awesome for you as it was me, brother.

Fantastic!!! I'm really excited for you.

I'd love to hear it in action with an amp, too. Get crazy and do it! ;)

Pics or it's a plank.

Clips or it's a Charvel. (Is there another brand that's safe to rip on, that's out of business or something?)

No, seriously, I hope the honeymoon lasts forever, Rob.

Any guitar that's not a PRS is safe to rip on. I believe a wise man once said "all other guitars are stupid" (or something close to that)...
Yeah, but I'm not that kind of guy -- I don't like to tease beyond merely "light". Suzuki, perhaps? Ooh, I know,

Clips or it's a former rental.

Yeah, but I'm not that kind of guy -- I don't like to tease beyond merely "light". Suzuki, perhaps? Ooh, I know,

Clips or it's a former rental.

Maybe I should be embarrassed, but I would love to try out a Charvel. Never have, but they're iconic 80's for me, and I love that.

Clips or it's a Fretlight maybe? ;)

Glad you are getting more quality time with her...did you name her yet?
I've never named a guitar... But the question does make me wonder about why I don't. That's going to be a fascinating trip through my psyche.

Maybe I should be embarrassed, but I would love to try out a Charvel. Never have, but they're iconic 80's for me, and I love that.

Clips or it's a Fretlight maybe? ;)

I've never named a guitar... But the question does make me wonder about why I don't. That's going to be a fascinating trip through my psyche.

You should do a travel log for us.... "Rob's Cobwebs."

I had never named a guitar before The Hammer Of The Gods, either. It's still the only one I've named where the name actually stuck. Maybe it's just gotta be a natural kind of thing, like it comes to you, a bolt out of the blue?

No offense to anyone who names their guitars, but the only person I feel demonstrated the significance of naming a guitar is B.B. King and "Lucille". Reason being is because he kept and played that guitar constantly for his entire career and treated that thing like a married woman. Me, I'm not that reliable. I buy new guitars when I need them, and if I named each one I'd forget and sound like a polyguitarist. Plus, if I realized I ever said, "Hey, this is PS 4616, otherwise known as Rhonda", I think I'd go out in the back and f#cking shoot myself.

Back