FREE McCarty Archtop Pickups

]-[@n$0Ma☩!©

Zombie Zero, DFZ
I am cleaning out my parts drawer and have a spare set of used, nickel, McCarty ARCHTOP pups. They do not have coil split/tap capability. I don't know how they measure and I don't have a multimeter to check. They came out of my 2004 Hollowbody.

Selling them is boring. I'll bet there's an SE or an S2 somewhere out there that would benefit from a set of low-output hum buckers. If you want them, post a picture of the guitar you want to put them in. The post with the most 'likes' by fellow forum members as of 10PM (my time) on Friday night (the 10th), gets them.

The deal is... I will give you the pickups and ship them to you on my dime but you have to install them and post pics within a couple weeks of receiving them. If you can't make that happen, kindly step aside so someone else has the chance to upgrade a guitar in need.

FINE PRINT: This is my personal property. I am not affiliated with PRS in any way. No warranties are expressed or implied. I am shipping these from Germany so there is to telling how long it could take to reach the winner. If they get lost or damaged during shipping, they will not be replaced. They will be shipped with a value of 1 Euro. All taxes, tariffs or whatever are the sole responsibility of the recipient. B!tching and moaning about anything, by anyone, at any point, will bring this give-away to an immediate halt.

38C7944C-04D7-47F2-8321-17F4377F6D71_zpslyalv1db.jpg

2D5DED3B-46D8-43EB-8838-210673EF7198_zpsfdwvxfx2.jpg

Nice offer, I instantly thought of my s2 SC semi, however it has coil taps and I use them quite frequently. Still looking forward to the outcome of this thread.

Then I'd have to turn it into a semi-hollow to match the pickups.

I double dare ya! It's not as if you haven't talked about it. You get a whole couple of weeks to pull it off too ;)

Your are the master. Young Jedi have learned from your ways. The Force is strong in you oh White one. Show us the way......

If that's not enough, I'll get you loaded on margaritas and then make you the best tacos you've ever had.....your move!

Your are the master. Young Jedi have learned from your ways. The Force is strong in you oh White one. Show us the way......

If that's not enough, I'll get you loaded on margaritas and then make you the best tacos you've ever had.....your move!

Damn, son.... You know I can't resist tacos and tequila. I might need to get something bigger than a dime bag for a project of that scope.

Damn, son.... You know I can't resist tacos and tequila. I might need to get something bigger than a dime bag for a project of that scope.
C'mon now! I'm told I have a neck shipping Monday (not holding my breath). You snag these pick ups and we could make an orgy of it.

Hans, what a very kind gesture.

Serg, if tequila effects you like it does me then the pickup install will go horribly wrong!

Righteous move Hans! Wish I had a project for them! When will my daughter ever finish painting my Santana SE???

Back