Forum Truss Rod Cover

Hey Bill, did you get the feeling that PRS don't want to do it again because of the risk?

A lot of people committed last time but didn't end up buying, then PRS had a fair amount left over. Shawn ended up selling one here, two there until they were all gone, and to be honest, that couldn't have been a good way to spend his time, selling, packaging and labelling something that had either zero margin, or lost money for PRSc.

If so, is there any way we can mitigate that risk for them, again to help our chances?

I'd be willing to pay up front. Maybe they could sell them through their online store.

Hey Bill, did you get the feeling that PRS don't want to do it again because of the risk?

I don't get that feeling from the person I'm emailing with at all.

A lot of people committed last time but didn't end up buying, then PRS had a fair amount left over. Shawn ended up selling one here, two there until they were all gone, and to be honest, that couldn't have been a good way to spend his time, selling, packaging and labelling something that had either zero margin, or lost money for PRSc.

If so, is there any way we can mitigate that risk for them, again to help our chances?

That is why I have been talking about the materials and price of the first run. If people know going in that they aren't going to be $2.98 plastic crap, maybe they will be more considered in their interest and more likely to follow through.

I would think that paying up front would be the way to go to minimize risk, and save time. I'd be willing to do that too.

It's also a proven, undisputable, irrefutable fact that the PRSf TRC makes your guitar/s sound better. The lows are way more lowish. The mids, oh the mids, they're like a Brazilian beach volleyballers 6-pack, pronounced but not over the top (*male or female, we're an all-sexes forum here). The highs? Let's just say the snozberries taste like snozberries.

On a more serious note, that original design is so... Bashin' that if this ever goes to another design comp, my vote is that Jon's original design is included in the vote, because I'll vote for it again. Vote/meow.

Just realized I only have one left from the ten I purchased. I'll be interested in six.

Sign me up for 2. I'd prepay, too. I'd put one on my 408, and the other on my studio...( see avatar) the PRS experience trc would go to my Vela, believe it or not...I'm lovin' my Vela right now! 6lbs, 2ozs of great tones, through my vintage ampeg! Or, my 68' Vibrolux! Just a great fun guitar...I just wish it had the PRS trem!

Back