Forum Truss Rod Cover

I'm in for two if they're the same spec as the last run.

Someone had mentioned a new design, which would be very cool, but again I'll say I think we would have to go outside PRS to have those made, as mentioned above the whole process was a considerable job for Shawn the first time. And if it were to be the etched aluminum, I would be into it, but it just doesn't sound like anyone is stepping up with a connection to have that done.

If it's just a matter of PRS loading the same design file back onto their etching machine and pumping some more out, they might be willing.

Also, I think we should start a separate thread, no discussion, just everyone who wants TRC's stating the number they for sure want, so we can get an order tally, if that would help convince PRS to make more.
I'm of the opinion that doing a second run of the original design the best way to go forward, minimum fuss, maximum chances of this happening again (pretty please PRS), and all the TRCs look the same.

As for a count, perhaps the OP (or a Mod?) could edit his first post and conduct a tally of people who have said they want one. People can either confirm in this thread, or maybe some pm's can go out and once they're confirmed, a "confirmed" goes next to their name/qty in the first post.

I understand that's a lot of work for someone but you know, it may just help our chances... :)

I have a response from PRS staff. So far the answer is not 'no'.

Keep posting your interest here and be patient, let the process work.

There are plenty of other companies that make truss rod covers. Why use PRS if they don't want to do it?

Still 25-ish each?

Unknown, no guarantees.

They were $25 each plus shipping last time for etched aluminum. Did we get a break over what they really should have cost us last time? Unknown.

Right now it's toe in the water time. If we get the OK to go ahead with another run or another design contest, if PRS knows the end materials, we might get a ballpark then.

There are plenty of other companies that make truss rod covers. Why use PRS if they don't want to do it?
The idea was born on the companies public forum, and it would be nice to have a genuine "PRS" item.
Also for some of us me included, there is more of a "feel of pride" having the company do it.

Having an outside company make an Official PRS Forum truss rod cover is the epitome of antithetical. It could be done, but it would be absolutely meaningless for me and I would have less than zero interest, I'd have disdain.

Second, who said PRS doesn't want to do it??

Having an outside company make an Official PRS Forum truss rod cover is the epitome of antithetical. It could be done, but it would be absolutely meaningless for me and I would have less than zero interest, I'd have disdain.

Second, who said PRS doesn't want to do it??

Plus one!

OP here. As of now I've counted a minimum of 184 if everyone buys the minimum amount they quoted.
I'll edit and update the opening post.

Back