Forum Truss Rod Cover designs and votes

Did anyone grab one of the truss rod covers from the inlay booth at experience? They kinda stole one of the ideas here -- it was the Maryland flag.

I really love the inlayed Maryland flag!
I'd really love for them to just pick ANY design already. c'mon people, we're buying a truss rod cover here, not a condominium! if you like it, you'll but it. if you don't, you wont. no design is going to please everyone!

Man, I thought there were lots of good ones on the other thread. Really seemed to peter out here. Oh well.

Yeah, not sure what happened, whether life got in the way of some of the folks who had proposed designs in the other thread, or they felt that their design wouldn't be picked so why bother, or ... ?

Too bad, I was looking forward to pretty well any of the proposed designs!

Why did there have to be multiple threads on this? That was the problem. Everything was going fine until that first thread got broken up. That's weak. No offense intended.

What a bummer. There were several designs in there- why are we calling an audible now?

How about a little Microsoft Paint action to boost some creativity! I got that owl shape off some private stock limited run bird guitar. Somebody with photoshop could make this look way better :) I was also thinking about a dragon, going after a bird for a snack, in front of a moon.....but my graphic design capabilities are seriously handicapped!!!
owl%20trc%203_zpslkmrutl4.jpg

Not my design, but this certainly gets my vote. The inlay is killer.

All of the designs that I like, that have been posted above, just repeat elements that are already present on my guitar (like birds and Paul's signature). I also don't see the appeal of a TRC with an image of a guitar on it. That's like getting a tattoo of yourself. I'm not making that mistake again. :p

Maryland_TRC_zpseualyglx.png

Last edited:
Not my design, but this certainly my vote. The inlay is killer.

All of the designs that I like, that have been posted above, just repeat elements that are already present on my guitar (like birds and Paul's signature). I also don't see the appeal of a TRC with an image of a guitar on it. That's like getting a tattoo of yourself. I'm not making that mistake again. :p

Maryland_TRC_zpseualyglx.png

Those are DOPE! Does JFB get free ones? ;)

Was checking these out at Experience. What was funny were people's reactions when they heard the price:confused: We talked to the woman who makes/made them. She said they told her to try and make them cheaper and she said sure...if you want it made out of plastic. I think she said it's about 100 pieces in them. If I was from Maryland I definitely woulda grabbed one...they are beautiful in person!

Back