Forum Truss Rod Cover designs and votes

Holy Crap!! Where do I get a couple of those!!

Kevin

Not my design, but this certainly my vote. The inlay is killer.

All of the designs that I like, that have been posted above, just repeat elements that are already present on my guitar (like birds and Paul's signature). I also don't see the appeal of a TRC with an image of a guitar on it. That's like getting a tattoo of yourself. I'm not making that mistake again. :p

Maryland_TRC_zpseualyglx.png

Due to the lack of interest from the design community, I think we should shelve this idea for another time.

Sucks for the people that spent a lot of time trying to come up with ideas. We had tons of ideas in the other thread. Why not carry some of those over into the vote. I think the biggest issue is how long this took, everyone lost interest. There were 11 pages of interaction regarding this before the thread was split and plenty of people looking to purchase them. So obviously the initial desire was there. Others may have just thought that their design wasn't good enough to submit or didn't realize the thread had split and there was still more action needed. We have tons of options to pick through if you carry over from the original thread, looks to me like there was plenty of interest initially. Either way, it sucks for everyone who made an effort. Sorry for the vent but several others and I spent time on these designs and I'm a little aggravated knowing that it was wasted.

Sucks for the people that spent a lot of time trying to come up with ideas. We had tons of ideas in the other thread. Why not carry some of those over into the vote. I think the biggest issue is how long this took, everyone lost interest. There were 11 pages of interaction regarding this before the thread was split and plenty of people looking to purchase them. So obviously the initial desire was there. Others may have just thought that their design wasn't good enough to submit or didn't realize the thread had split and there was still more action needed. We have tons of options to pick through if you carry over from the original thread, looks to me like there was plenty of interest initially. Either way, it sucks for everyone who made an effort. Sorry for the vent but several others and I spent time on these designs and I'm a little aggravated knowing that it was wasted.

I feel the same way, verbatim. In fact, I shared your sentiment a few posts above this.

A few people put a lot effort into their designs and I thank them for that! However, the idea just seemed to lose steam. And maybe expectations got a little off track as well. If you guys want to continue with this project, we certainly can, but we need more participants. Currently it looks like we have 6 designs from 4 people, but we need a larger selection to choose from. We have a creative bunch of folks here, so now’s your time to step up.
Here is the original post again:

The time has come to submit your designs and vote for your favorite new Forum Truss Rod Cover design.

Each member is allowed to submit up to two design entries.
Once all designs have been submitted, I'll update the thread to include voting.
Each member is allowed to vote only once.
The design with the most votes wins (Upon PRS approval).
Once the winning design has been chosen, the design becomes property of PRS guitars.
The winning designer will receive 10 truss rod covers (free of charge) for his/her efforts.
The design will be featured in a one-time-only limited production run of truss rod covers.
Once the initial run has been produced, it will not be reproduced at a later time.
The winning truss rod cover will be available for pre-order for $20 + $5 domestic shipping.
International shipping charges will be determined on a case by case basis.
Final purchases will be made after the covers have been produced and they are ready to ship
Only those who commit to the pre-order are guaranteed a truss rod cover for purchase.
A separate thread will be started for pre-order commitments.
The voting will be opened for several weeks.
I will give a "last call" notice before the conclusion of the contest.

I think that about covers it (no pun intended), but please let me know if you have any questions.
Thanks, Shawn

Let's get this car back on the road, people.

If you took the time to design something and put it in the previous 11 page thread:

http://forums.prsguitars.com/threads/new-forum-truss-rod-cover-design-contest.16951/

...and have NOT picked 1 or 2 of your designs to post here, WHY NOT???

Get back there, copy the links for 2 of your own that you like best and post them here!

Or - post 2 new ones...

No, we aren't voting yet, Shawn wants to see more options.

SO, POST THEM, ALREADY...

OK, here is my entry, mostly to generate possible interest in the other submittals. I stole rugerpc's birds-with-f design to get the bird shapes, enhanced contrast, re-arranged the birds, deleted the "f" hole, and added the PRS logo (not signature) with the word forum added. Mostly in Paint, some GIMP for contrasting. Yeah, pretty mad graphics skills, I know!

ForumTRC2_zpskzlwafm7.jpg

Please, everyone else put some entries in! I saw some fantastic designs, and I would love to procure a few of whatever wins.

Last edited:
Well, I guess this one is just going to disappear under the waves of dis-interest and apathy. Too bad...

Sorry Shawn, got you all involved and then we dropped the ball...

Here's a couple of entries. These are the best I could do with my abilities in photoshop. Feel free to clean these up or use them as a starting point on something similar but better.
I really like the eagle.

ForumTRC9_zpsh0jn7uhv.jpg

ForumTRC8%20copy_zpskenpxacp.jpg

Fro! Awesome! I like both: the eagle isn't the PS eagle (which we've been directed to not use, understandably), but is a good nod towards it, and the Dragon...well, I'm part Welsh, very partial to dragons.

I also agree Lynn. Although I'm one of those who are pretty much useless with laptops and wouldn't know where to start in the designing department save a scribble on a piece of paper I am 100% behind this idea. My wallet still awaits boy's. !!!

JFB's Maryland flag is the only design I get excited over.

You are a doll.

Sadly, he is holding out on us.

Never.

...I voted for JFB's the first time around and still want one.

Thank you, sir.

Due to the lack of interest from the design community, I think we should shelve this idea for another time.

Sorry, you caught me sleeping. I will post!

Those are DOPE! Does JFB get free ones? ;)

I saw these at Experience 2016 and was very impressed. Had a nice chat with the lady that makes them.

Back