First thread NGDx2! (will be lengthy lol)

Roger Roy

So my introduction is in order here lol.
I've been playing guitar on and off since I was 15,I'm now 31. I begged my parents for a squire start pack at the time and that christmas they came through and surprised me with one. It was amazing to me, I loved that pos korean(?) made guitar to death. Some 6 months in and my playing was progressing very quickly and I began to realize the limitations of the squire. Enter my friend getting his license and our endless trips to a newly opened Guitar Center in our area. Up until then high end to me were mexican made strats lol. Keep in mind its 1998ish and the internet isn't quite what it is today.

Anyways, so the year is 98ish and its then I am introduced to my first slew of "high" end guitars and can you guess what drew my attention? An emerald green PRS custom 24. Its the first nice guitar I can remember drooling over and wanting so bad it hurt. The following christmas(1 full year of playing now) I asked my parents if they could get me a nicer guitar. Coming from a middle class family kind of like the Bundies I figured I was pressing my luck and didn't hold my breath. Little did I know my parents scraped together whatever money they could and under the tree that year, a 98 Les Paul studio. It was glorious for me and showed that baby the love for years.
After 6 straight years of playing,and I mean straight, I probably played more in those 6 years than a lot of "amateur" players will play in a lifetime, I gave up. Sold my beloved LP and went into party mode.

I lasted about 4 years without a guitar in my hand and couldn't take it anymore. Once you've got the fever you've got it for life. And now we'll accelerate the story. I've been through over 30 high end guitars. Lots and lots of EVH collector guitars, Ibanez J customs, Suhr and Anderson etc etc. Mainly EBMM EVH's though and Wolfgangs, I LOVE unfinished maple necks. I've had EVH guitars so rare even the most thorough EVH collectors will never see in their lifetime. Part of that is due to my ocd,Its also my worst enemy. The "gas" is strong in me and Ive gotten so good at making lots of money flipping Ive lost focus again the past few years. After all these guitars there is one guitar that I had yet to buy...The dang PRS lol.

I finally said f*ck it, its time to buy the guitar I dreamed about owning all those years ago and really get back into the playing side of things. I started looking and was SUPER excited when I saw PRS was now offering a floyd custom 24. I NEED a floyd, I don't even use it much but I like that "tone" they add to the guitar. So I find a super nice quit,got to have a quilt, in Leprechaun tooth from sweet water and it came in last week. Beautiful guitar but 2 minutes out of the case and I spot an issue with the neck. Not a problem but definitely not a keeper at that price. However, that guitar sounded f*cking killer. After playing eddies for so long I wasn't used to that kind of ballsy low end tone. So the search went on, and then I found it. Spec'd as my damn dream build. Full on flame maple neck,floyd with a killer artist grade top in Abalone(which is stunning in person) I knew this one was a keeper as soon as I opened the case and plugged it in. If you have made it this far, we're on to the pics finally lol. BTW, the second part of ngd is not a PRS so i won't mention it but its the second guitar in the picture. It looks like a run of the mill EVH Stealth USA but its actually a masterbuilt Wolfgang that I received back from FMIC today. I suppose for the curious feel free to ask question but I know how certain manufacturer forums(EBMM...) don't like mention of other brands.
The neck is way flamed but I couldn't get the camera to capture it. The color also looks different in person, the Abalone is freaking stunning! Ill have to take some outdoor pics this weekend

I love that maple fretboard. I may have to invest one day…
How's the AxeFX II sound with it? :D

I love that maple fretboard. I may have to invest one day…
How's the AxeFX II sound with it? :D
It sounds so glorious, I really dig the metal pups in these. Thats another thing, I've been through almost as many amps as I have guitars lol. This is my 3rd and final time with Axe FX, the new firmware is pretty amazing

Back