Finished dressing up the Private Stock PRS Experience 2012 408 with Signature Limited layout/control

Glide-bpm

We were small but we were slow...
My baby is finally dressed up... I think I'm going to oil the pickup rings a little bit to help match the cocobolo on the fretboard and the tophat knobs from a different artisan. I still like all cocobolo whether I get them matched up with oiling or not... Looks like an entirely different guitar. Pics do not do it justice at all!!!

HrRC174.jpg

ZBUkZQv.jpg

What WOULD be the best thing to apply to the pickup rings to slightly darken them a little closer to the Cocobolo fretboard (and other add-ons) besides time and handling?

The stuff I use can be found at Walgreens. Safe for skin and cuticles, great for wood. Lasts a long time.

Do not use a cleaner. They tend to strip the wood of oils. Stay away from petroleum, IMO.

I use Savannah Bee Beeswax Hand and Nail Salve. A little goes a long way, not greasy.

After all this time, I never call this ole guitar by what is probably is proper model name.

Experience PRS 2012 Private Stock Signature Limited.

Since it was a 2012 guitar, it's not a 2011 Signature Limited, and it is also obviously not a core 2012 Signature Limited with "sinker" mahogany neck.

I still love this guitar as much of more as the day I found her used and in perfect mint condition. Only part that wasn't good was no COA letter. However, no one would ever mistake this guitar for a counterfeit at all. Still wish we could buy certified copies of the COA, though.

What I paid for it? Who gives a crap! LoL!

My baby is finally dressed up... I think I'm going to oil the pickup rings a little bit to help match the cocobolo on the fretboard and the tophat knobs from a different artisan. I still like all cocobolo whether I get them matched up with oiling or not... Looks like an entirely different guitar. Pics do not do it justice at all!!!

HrRC174.jpg

ZBUkZQv.jpg

SICK!!!!

Back