Finish Type?

Alexander Frowein

Hello.....new in town.

Just got my 35th Anniversary SE Custom 24....and was wondering about the finish.

Is this Nitro finish? Can't confirm from website. Don't want to use wrong polish and get fade.

SN CTI B44032

Thanks

alex

Yep, car wax is great. I have a bunch of guitar polish so I use both, but don't be afraid of using it on poly.

Yea I saw an article on PRS website claiming Nitro finish on “2020 models” with a picture of what looks to be the 35th anni guitar. Not sure if mine is 2020 model or 2019.....no help on PRS site.

Any PRS folks out there monitoring that can give definitive answer?

Poly is glossy and thick. Nitro is often (not always) thinner. You *should* be able to compare to your other guitars with known finishes and draw a conclusion.

There's also the "polish a teeny spot to make sure" approach.

To be honest, I use the same thing whether I'm cleaning a poly guitar or a nitro one. Most car polishing equipment works fine but there are plenty of guitar specific products out there.

I very much doubt that the SE anniversary will have the new nitro/poly hybrid finish. I think that is standard only on the USA guitars - just like the old V12 was. Import guitars will most likely be standard poly.

Back