Finding new music/bands to listen to...the suggestion thread.

vchizzle

Zomb!e Nine, DFZ
I'd like to start a thread here with members giving suggestions of new music for us to check out. Something you really like, that you feel other people should know about. Can be a band, album or just a song...any level from local to regional to national artists. Just provide a link.

My 1st will be Oedipus. http://oedipusband.com/

These guys are not my normal listening flavor. My band played with them a few times. They put on a great show every time, lots of energy...great musicians. They just put me in a good mood anytime I hear them. If you like them, please support them. Definitely check them out if they play near you. Really nice and personable cats as well. Love hangin' with them when they come to town.

Last edited by a moderator:
Vintage Trouble. I've lost track of where all I've talked about them. Saw them open for the Who - when they started, my reaction was "interesting choice". By the second verse, I was sold.

This is them tearing it up on Letterman:

This is the album version of a track called "Gracefully". I love the guitarist's tone and restraint on the solo. I'd be tempted to dive right in, but I love how he waits what feels like forever before he starts.

This is the best thing I've heard all year:

The only reason I know who these guys are is because one of my buddies went to school with most of them. Insane musicians! And how about that Moog solo at the end!

Great stuff guys! Here's a few more..
American Minor

Karnivool

Cool choice in Vintage Trouble!
Interesting tidbit, their manager is Dave Sabo aka Snake from Skid Row...

Some great stuff already! I have some new albums to buy.

I'll throw in some of my latest discoveries. There's a really cool (I think so, anyway) vintage revival going on.

The Heavy:

Black Joe Lewis and the Honeybears:

Alabama Shakes:

Gary Clark, Jr:

The Zutons:

I chill to Zelliack every now and then. It's some pretty good stuff, imo.

Back