Finally played a Silver Sky

Well, to finish this thread off, I got my Silver Sky today in Horizon Red. I was happily able to play it for as long as I wanted before making the decision and it's great fun. And that is how it reminded me that I remain a no strat girl. The build quality is awesome, you would expect that. But its the pickups, especially positions 2&4, that just win the day for tone. I spent ages just playing simple chords and one string notes across all 5 settings, sounding for all the world like someone who could barely play, just to hear how lovely the pickup sounds were. The tone I was never able to find on a strat, right there. Nice work PRS :)
Next you'll get a Fender Super Reverb and be playing surf! What's this world coming to .......;)

We need more surf guitarists

Last edited:
Well, to finish this thread off, I got my Silver Sky today in Horizon Red. I was happily able to play it for as long as I wanted before making the decision and it's great fun. And that is how it reminded me that I remain a no strat girl. The build quality is awesome, you would expect that. But its the pickups, especially positions 2&4, that just win the day for tone. I spent ages just playing simple chords and one string notes across all 5 settings, sounding for all the world like someone who could barely play, just to hear how lovely the pickup sounds were. The tone I was never able to find on a strat, right there. Nice work PRS :)

Hot damn! Congrats! Hope you have some Ruby shoes to go with it!

Back