Finally played a Silver Sky

FAT straty single coil goodness! I love the pickups, and they really do sound good in any position...no weakness in character or definition. Also with the bridge blocked, the whole guitar just hums so beautifully. I love a trem, but WOW,it just sings. I did replace my knobs with Prs lampshades though. Looks great!

Well, to finish this thread off, I got my Silver Sky today in Horizon Red. I was happily able to play it for as long as I wanted before making the decision and it's great fun. And that is how it reminded me that I remain a no strat girl. The build quality is awesome, you would expect that. But its the pickups, especially positions 2&4, that just win the day for tone. I spent ages just playing simple chords and one string notes across all 5 settings, sounding for all the world like someone who could barely play, just to hear how lovely the pickup sounds were. The tone I was never able to find on a strat, right there. Nice work PRS :)

Congrats! It's a great guitar. Totally converted me from not interested to gotta get one just by having it in my hands and listening to it. I'm not a Strat expert, but beerbatteredphish knows a ton more about them than me, and he kept saying, "It shouldn't sound like that. It just shouldn't." Especially on the middle setting.

I had to move the case to my rack just to get some other guitars some playing time!

Congrats! It's a great guitar. Totally converted me from not interested to gotta get one just by having it in my hands and listening to it. I'm not a Strat expert, but beerbatteredphish knows a ton more about them than me, and he kept saying, "It shouldn't sound like that. It just shouldn't." Especially on the middle setting.

I had to move the case to my rack just to get some other guitars some playing time!

Thank you. Delighted to hear how much you are enjoying yours and I have a feeling the same may apply to me. The confirmed Strat guys in the shop were saying the same. Just goes to prove what a waste of time those preconceptions can be, including my certainty that this was the one PRS I wouldn't want :)

Back