Finally…

I’ve got the same one, with lots of buckle rash from gigs and jams. I like it stock but occasionally I contemplate some brighter pickups. Have fun.

Well, the Lollar pickups from @bodia arrived yesterday(thanks man!) and the guitar made it here safe sound this afternoon! Hopefully tomorrow morning I can get the pickguard loaded up!
I think it's gonna be awesome, Vaughn! All-mahogany and P-90s are a match made in...uh...Kalamazoo...but it just works!!

Guitar seems to have good bones. It’s been played quite a bit, good amount of play wear. With the stock pickups through my bad cat hot cat, I actually like the neck pickup and middle tones quite a bit. Since I have the extra pickups and Emerson PRS harness I’ll leave the old one all wired up in case I want to revisit it.

lceoBcn.jpg
Surgery in 3, 2, 1…
Scalpel…

Direction is irrelevant.

Back when I had mine, I determined that real P90s with covers would require a little bit of routing. Therefore, I had a guard made with slightly smaller openings for P90s minus covers.

NQmHSZz.jpg
Yeah, I realized the direction thing after I called. Duh, single coil. Good to know on the routing. That doesn’t bother me. Where did you have pickguard made?

Yeah, I realized the direction thing after I called. Duh, single coil. Good to know on the routing. That doesn’t bother me. Where did you have pickguard made?

I forget who made this one, but I wasn't impressed because they didn't get the corners by the end of the fretboard correct.

More recently, I had a guard for an S2 Standard 24 made by Quick Guards and it was excellent.

Cleaned up, wired up and put back together.

3jLXNdN.jpg

QNyCLJG.jpg

lm2Rwdv.jpg

I1xYMNI.jpg

First I pics show the significant wear of the satin finish. I like that on these guitars.

The Lollar Novel 90 pickups on loan from @bodia - unfortunately I can’t really play much now with the woman working at home. Basically tried to get the volumes even for now. Will play at some volume later tonight.

Back