Favorite PRS Pickups

I prefer the HFS or the SC250 so far for the bridge. For the neck, the Dragon's taking the cake.

I didn't think the Dragon 1's were going to get this much love, but they are way up there for me too. I have them in a CE22 STD, and I just love the tone. Neck and bridge are great in that all hog body with a maple neck. :proud:

Haven't tried all the new ones but I really like the 57/08's.

Back to old school, I also like the HFS/Vintage combo in the Cu24.

I'm a big fan of the #7's. I found them to be pleasantly warm and full sounding with a thick and in your face overdriven sound that I loved.I haven't spent a lot of time playing guitars with the newer pickups though.

Starla
57/08
53/10
Mira (I know these are just uncovered 245s, but it makes a difference!)

Really love the combination of the HFS/VB combo, especially with the 5-way rotary switch. Most versatile guitar I've ever played. In the same token, I really love the McCarty pickups in my Hollowbody as well, tons of clarity even when I'm tuned down.

1) 408
2) 59/09
3) DGT bridge
3 1/2) #6 set. Great balance, clarity and balls. Highly under-rated.
If I wanna go EVH/Lynch/80's crazy. HFS is a LOT of fun. The original Dragons are also good for that.I do have a set of magical McCarty's that are like no other McSet I've ever tried. And I only paid $35 for the set!! They have some magic mojo in them that puts them somewhere between a 57/08 & a DGT (bridge). Maybe the boys and girls where drinkin' a bit the day they wound this set, but there IS something special about them. Can't sell 'em, cause no one else would ever wanna pay what I think they are worth. I've tested every set of PRS pups I could get my paws on & this set is in the top 5 EASILY!

I like them all, which is why there is no space left in the music room.
I really like the HFS and VB in the early SAS.
I like the dragons a lot.
I like the versatility of the 408 with mini toggles.
59/09 are all good general use pickup.

1) 57/08s
2) DGTs
3) 408s
4) 53/10s
5) Dragon II
6) 59/09s

I have never heard them, but what is the general opinion of RPs? I noticed that they haven't been mentioned yet.

Back