EXP XXXV: Private Stock Build

]-[@n$0Ma☩!©

Zombie Zero, DFZ
Pretty sure I can't get the guitar I want - due to material availability - but I thought it would be fun to spec what I would order at EXP:XXXV if it were possible.

What do you have planned (even if just a dream) for your EXP:VVVV build?

Paul's Hollowbody
Concept: Combine the wood and color of a US-spec Violin McCarty with electronics and stoptail of a Paul's Guitar on a Hollowbody 2 platform.

BASE MODEL: HB2 (25" scale)
TOP: Eastern European Maple
BODY: Figured Mahogany (heaviest available)
BACK: Same as top
COLOR: Match Violin McCarty
FINISH: Gloss Nitro
NECK: Pernambuco (qtr-sawn and straight-grain), wide/fat carve
NUT: Bone
FRETBOARD: Brazilian Rosewood (Black, qtr-sawn, and straight-grain), 10" radius
FRETS: Same as Paul's Guitar
BINDING: None
HEADSTOCK: RW veneer matching fretboard, hand-signed by Paul (gold ink)
TRC: Match fretboard
INLAY: Celtic Knots (including 1st fret)
INLAY MATERIAL: Match Paul's 28
PICKUPS: TCI (Paul's Guitar)
PICKUP RINGS: Natural maple (clear coat only)
HARDWARE: Paul's Guitar bridge (brass inserts), Robson tuners with faux ivory buttons, mixed nickel/gold hardware
SPECIAL: (1) Significantly softened forearm edge. (2) Inside of the back - as seen through the f-holes, finished in gloss nitro (no stain). Private Stock number and serial number hand-written (gold) on inside of guitar and visible through the bottom F-hole, nothing on back of headstock. (3) Pots verified no lower than 500k
CASE: Calton

I like this game. My tastes are getting simpler as I get older and this would do me just fine.

Fatback Custom 22 in one thick piece of flamed maple stained all over in Faded Bonni Pink

Flamed maple neck and board, one piece if the blank is big enough, stained all over to match.......’Wedge’ inlaid into the heel in shiny shell of some kind, and a matching shell eagle on the headstock. Pattern thin.

Inlaid matching TRC outlined in shell

Single uncovered 59/09

Adjustable stoptail

Phase 3 locking tuners

Single volume

All hardware smoked black chrome except matching stained flame maple tuner buttons

Keep the case, give me a PRS gig bag in leather made out of the tan baseball glove stuff. Would look awesome as it ages.

I think summer 2020 be about time for a Silver Sky special run... So how about a 35th Anniversary Experience 2020 Silver Sky Exclusive? Not exactly sure what that would entail...hmmmmm...
mToMFu1.png

Maybe a figured top, some new colors(something blue please;)). Maybe that maple fretboard everyone's been asking for.

Lets get all jiggy.......

Full HB Santana (Quilted Maple Top / Hog back)

22 Fret Maple Neck (not finished)

Ebony Board

58/15 MT Neck and Bridge

NF Middle

Switching - same as the Cu22 SSH - but add a Push/Push for the NF

Piezo Bridge (or maybe the bridge from the Paul's Guitar)

Phase III tuners

Bonnie Pink to Purple Dragon's Breath in HG Nitro front and back

Some type of pink sparkle birds with a dark outline

Purple case w/gold interior

I'd keep it very simple. A PRS One. Rosewood neck, open back tuners. Hog body. Bonni pink with pearloid pickguard (if that's not an option then I would go for Sergio Blue). Paul's bridge. SE Soapbar. Cts Pot. Switchcraft jack. Straplocks. And on the back of the headstock in Paul's handwriting: Keep it simple stupid

Me likey!

SC594Trem

Pernie Neck, PV Neck Carve
Ebony Board
Paul’s 28 Celtic knots Inlays
Etched Gold PS Eagle
Banner XXXV Anniversary
Koa Binding HS, Neck
Bahamma Blue Smokeburst
Quilt Top - like Paul’s Extraordinary Quilt!
Lightweight African Ribbon Mahogany Back - or...Spanish Cedar back
Gen III Trem, Hybrid
Koa knobs
Matching Hog back plates
Matching Quilted Stinger on back of headstock
59/09 brushed nickel pickups
Koa wood pickup rings and switch tip

That would do nicely :) I even generously left off my piezo :D

Keep the case, give me a PRS gig bag in leather made out of the tan baseball glove stuff. Would look awesome as it ages.

I’d love this - I have a note pad thingy (that’s a technical term) in the pic below that’s made from baseball glove leather, and it feels amazing. It also ages well; this one’s about 7-8 years old.

Would be fantastic for a gig bag!

dvpULzc.jpg

Pretty sure I can't get the guitar I want - due to material availability - but I thought it would be fun to spec what I would order at EXP:XXXV if it were possible.

What do you have planned (even if just a dream) for your EXP:VVVV build?

Paul's Hollowbody
Concept: Combine the wood and color of a US-spec Violin McCarty with electronics and stoptail of a Paul's Guitar on a Hollowbody 2 platform.

BASE MODEL: HB2 (25" scale)
TOP: Eastern European Maple
BODY: Figured Mahogany (heaviest available)
BACK: Same as top
COLOR: Match Violin McCarty
FINISH: Gloss Nitro
NECK: Pernambuco (qtr-sawn and straight-grain), wide/fat carve
NUT: Bone
FRETBOARD: Brazilian Rosewood (Black, qtr-sawn, and straight-grain), 10" radius
FRETS: Same as Paul's Guitar
BINDING: None
HEADSTOCK: RW veneer matching fretboard, hand-signed by Paul (gold ink)
TRC: Match fretboard
INLAY: Celtic Knots (including 1st fret)
INLAY MATERIAL: Match Paul's 28
PICKUPS: TCI (Paul's Guitar)
PICKUP RINGS: Natural maple (clear coat only)
HARDWARE: Paul's Guitar bridge (brass inserts), Robson tuners with faux ivory buttons, mixed nickel/gold hardware
SPECIAL: (1) Significantly softened forearm edge. (2) Inside of the back - as seen through the f-holes, finished in gloss nitro (no stain). Private Stock number and serial number hand-written (gold) on inside of guitar and visible through the bottom F-hole, nothing on back of headstock. (3) Pots verified no lower than 500k
CASE: Calton

Sounds killer.

594 Singlecut with 3 soapbars, Peruvian mahogany neck, iviroid-bound BRW fretboard with small moons, solid African ribbon mahogany body done up in a reddish-brown-ish color to be recommended by PS team. Pickup covers also iviroid to match the binding “just because” (if possible). Tuning machine knobs, control knobs, and selector switch also iviroid.

Headstock overlay to match fretboard. Mixed hardware. Shatter-hard gloss nitro.

I’ll go with the baseball glove leather gig bag, too, assuming it’s lined with some soft material that won’t screw up the nitro finish.

They have some great artists in shop, so i would give them some photos of landscape / sky and ask the artist to stain with a thin brush rather than a rag, and see how that translates to maple grain. In my head it would be like looking through an old stained glass window.

Back