EXP XXXV: Private Stock Build

I think summer 2020 be about time for a Silver Sky special run... So how about a 35th Anniversary Experience 2020 Silver Sky Exclusive? Not exactly sure what that would entail...hmmmmm...
mToMFu1.png

Maybe a figured top, some new colors(something blue please;)). Maybe that maple fretboard everyone's been asking for.
Hardtail with a Vela bridge and dual coil tele type bridge pickup.

Yup, still want it. I’ve been obsessing about a set neck maple neck PRS for a long time now. Most have a stained gloss neck when you see them pop up. Saw a sick charcoal 594, but that’s in Malaysia. A few DGT’s but none that blew my doors off. Doesn’t matter, my wallet’s light anyway.

I think I’m going to get a pickguard made to mod my NF3 to an NF2+Humbucker and throw something hot in there. That’ll require some routing and trying to get the placement right. Maybe I trace the pickguard and leave the bridge spot solid so I can do that part later? Or make some mock up cardboard guards to try to figure it out. Seems like a lot of work when I really just want a new guitar. :D
After review, I essentially just built a custom colored core guitar. Assuming I’m dropping the bread on this, that seems silly, given my lack extra bread laying around. So, let’s do something more original...

-Singlecut thickness double cut body
-High contrast charcoal quilt(see @GTRMAV example) with trans micro burst
-High figured hog back dog hair finish, matching back plates
-Maple neck(regular neck carve) - needs to be smooth and satin, stained to match the top OR maybe roasted maple
-24.594 scale, 25 if they can’t do 594 on a regular carve
-ebony or Blackwood board with those birds I mentioned earlier(wtf is that material called?)
Headstock veneer to match
-DGT/594 electronics -toggle switch in 594 position, 4 knobs in DGT layout V(neck),V(bridge),T(neck),T(bridge) + 2 mini toggles to coil tap each pickup located slightly closer to tone knobs than the volume in “the crest” of knobs. Probably have to move the last tone knob that is in the spot of the normal DGT switch so the spacing is even
-5707 neck/5909 bridge
-Paul’s bridge and an adjustable stoptail in case I need to swap out for weird string gauges and alternate tunings
-black chrome hardware

There. Now I feel I got my money’s worth with functionality and originality!

Chambered MCCarty Trem no F hole
Figured Mahogany Back with matching covers
Tight Curly maple
Ruby Red glow stain
DGT Electronics with mini toggles instead of P/P
58/15 or something low turn pickups
Piezo
1 piece 22 fret cocobolo neck (including ears) with matching curly skunk stripe
Cocobolo headstock overlay
Phase 3 tuners
hybrid harware
Curly matching birds with gold outlines
Coach gig bag
and ... all under 5K USD
A man can dream?

My dream private stock will be based on the Modern Eagle V but with Stoptail piezo, Santana body and headstock with 25” scale.

Model - Modern Eagle V + piezo
Body Type - Santana
Top Wood - Flame maple
Body Wood - Mahogany
Finish Type - High Gloss Nitro
Finish Color -high contrast Black and White tiger Private stock finish (like Leese white tiger guitar)
Back body Finish - White
Neck Wood - flame maple black and white flame like top
Fingerboard - Ebony
Neck Carve - Pattern
Scale Length - 25
Neck Radius - 10 Inch
Frets - 24
Inlays - etched birds
Side Dots - mother of pearl
Headstock - Santana type Ebony laminate with etched PS Eagle
Neck Pickup - Paul’s 408 TCI
Middle Pickup - MEV Single coil