Everything is fine now

douga

Got a new Silver Sky SE the other day, and I could tell that it had potential, but oh my goodness, the setup was horrible! So...because I have limited skills in that regard, I took it in to the neighborhood music shop to see what their tech could do. You may not be able to tell from the picture below, but the guitar is now setup really well, and it is smiling just about as broadly as I am.

Note: almost everybody who has seen this guitar has some sort of snarky comment about the color. I love the color! This is a classic freakin' color!

M6f2g0D.jpg

Got a new Silver Sky SE the other day, and I could tell that it had potential, but oh my goodness, the setup was horrible! So...because I have limited skills in that regard, I took it in to the neighborhood music shop to see what their tech could do. You may not be able to tell from the picture below, but the guitar is now setup really well, and it is smiling just about as broadly as I am.

Note: almost everybody who has seen this guitar has some sort of snarky comment about the color. I love the color! This is a classic freakin' color!

M6f2g0D.jpg
F 'em! That's a great color.

Congratulations, enjoy! \m/

Congrats on the new git! You may want to look into the process of setting up your guitars. It is not super complicated and does not require a lot of specialized tools. It is totally worth it to have that skillset in your quiver!!

Oh, I agree. Sadly, I am gifted with the ability to second guess myself ad infinitum. If I set the guitar up, I will constantly be tinkering with it thinking I made a mistake somewhere. When someone else sets it up...I walk away happy most of the time.

That said...I have a neighbor who took courses in guitar building and setup and he's offered to teach me setup when he has time.

I like the green as well, but the "moon white" has just grown on me. The last actual strat I owned was black with a maple neck/fingerboard (Clapton fixation), and now I can't imagine owning that color. But one of my guitars is orange, so what do I know? :)
When i went shopping for a SE Silver Sky I had Moon White in mind. That's the color i hoped the best sounding SE in the store would be.

But it was the green one that held a note the longest and rang with a fuller tone.

Then a few months later I lucked into a used Moon White one in mint condition that sounded just as good!

Gorgeous, classic color. Too bad about the initial setup but so nice when you can get a good setup.

Don't be afraid to tweak a bit more, just write down the changes.
Since the setup, I'm not thinking about tweaking...oh, ok, maybe thinking about different pickups, but luckily(!) I'm out of funds for tweaking the guitar right now, so I can just settle in and play it. :)

Back