Earth Two. Yet Another Orchestral Sketch.

László

Too Many Notes
I've spent the last several months writing orchestral music, and not much time playing guitar. Don't get me wrong, I still love guitar, but one only has time for so much schtuff!

If curious, check it out. I'm still tweaking the ideas and working on it, but this is the current state. You can't buy it, I'm not promoting it. Just sharing.

https://persistenceofmemory.band/single/23015/earth-two

Last edited:
Ok, 5 years ago my music appreciation was just whatever sounded good on the radio. Then I decided to learn to play the guitar. This has taken me on a journey that I never anticipated. From heavy metal, blues, rock, folk, etc. I’m even enjoying listening to classical guitar!
Now Les, you toss another unexpected twist! Orchestra! I’ve never payed attention outside the movie themes. Now I’m hearing so much more in your songs. And enjoying it!
Thank you for sharing!

Ok, 5 years ago my music appreciation was just whatever sounded good on the radio. Then I decided to learn to play the guitar. This has taken me on a journey that I never anticipated. From heavy metal, blues, rock, folk, etc. I’m even enjoying listening to classical guitar!
Now Les, you toss another unexpected twist! Orchestra! I’ve never payed attention outside the movie themes. Now I’m hearing so much more in your songs. And enjoying it!
Thank you for sharing!

Thanks, Roy!

I love film scores, too. Doubtless my work is influenced by them.

Thank you Les.
Your music has once again ignited my imagination.

I don't know what you had in mind but for me...

When I close my eyes and listen to the first one
I see a magnificent landscape of huge mountains and canyons.
They do not look like anything on the planet earth and I see them
from the viewpoint of a huge eagle like creature that is flying through them.

When I close my eyes and listen to the second one
I see 2 aircraft carrier sized dinosaur like creatures circling
each other as they prepare for a fight to the death.

Thank you Les.
Your music has once again ignited my imagination.

I don't know what you had in mind but for me...

When I close my eyes and listen to the first one
I see a magnificent landscape of huge mountains and canyons.
They do not look like anything on the planet earth and I see them
from the viewpoint of a huge eagle like creature that is flying through them.

When I close my eyes and listen to the second one
I see 2 aircraft carrier sized dinosaur like creatures circling
each other as they prepare for a fight to the death.

I love those ideas, Tony!

I always hope my music fires the imagination. So thank you so much! I was kind of thinking of an interplanetary mission approaching an earth-like planet for exploration. So you sure get it.

Thank you, Les,

In Dystopolis, I imagine a PBS theme song for some BBC production made for TV. The theme has potential, Les; could be something historical or dramatic. Enjoyable to listen to.

Another musical journey, my friend! That score belongs in a Harry Potter film! I mean that as a compliment, as those films are very well scored, and add an aura to the visual. Find an aerial approach to Hogwarts and play that music to it... I’ll bet you feel like you’re in a theater!

Good job!

Thanks for the kind words, guys!

I'm working on a new piece that I think will move the ball a little further toward my goal.

Back