Double Non-PRS NGD

Wakester

Re Member
Kind of a weird day today.

First off the tracking for my kit guitar said it had been delayed and wouldn't be delivered until tomorrow. So, I thought no big deal, i won' t be able to work on it until February, so another day isn't going to bug me too much. Besides, I don't have all the parts yet because USPS likes to play games. So, project guitar #2 arrived while we were out picking up project guitar #3, and left in the snowbank at the bottom of my driveway.

As I said we were out picking up project guitar #3. This morning my wife found a friend was selling off an estate and had 2 guitars up for sale and asked if I wanted to look at them (well duh! Of coarse I would.) The piece i wound up buying was a Recco (Ibanez 480) Semi Hollow. I've been itching to do another restoration, and have been eyeing semi-hollows for a bit as well. This one fit the bill perfectly. It will need deep cleaning, strings, probably a nut, and that's about it, as far as I can tell. As far as I can tell, the guitar is 53 years old.

I should mention project #1 will be a new Nut and wiring harness for the Santana SE we bought in December. I am still waiting on the Harness to be made up and shipped from Texas.

Now all I need is more time.

Last edited:
Back