Do you insure your gear? (not homeowner's, but dedicated gear insurance)

How many have insurance for your gear?

• yes

Votes: 17 68.0%
  • no

Votes: 9 36.0%

• Total voters
Alrighty then. I’m through with this topic. I hope I helped some of you out with the most effective way to insure your gear. I was also attempting to clear up misinformation, as I don’t want you to get bad advice. If any of you have further questions, I’ll be glad to help you. Just send a PM to me. Since I’m retired, I’m certainly not looking for new clients; at this stage I just like to help people out.
Good on ya mate.
If someone calls me out on my business I hope I handle it with as much class as you.
Cheers.

Since 11Top is finished this thread in 2012 I am going to breathe new life into it a decade later. A neglected major difference between covering your equipment with your homeowners insurance vs a acheduled inland marine policy are the perils covered. A homeowners policy with special form coverage provides all peril coverage with a long list of exclusions, an inland marine form provides the broadest coverage including the guitar falling and busting off the head stock. Inland marine with an agreed value is the gold standard although if your home burns to the ground, your personal music equipment will be replaced with brand new as long as you have replacement cost coverage.

Hey there! When it comes to protecting our gear, it's always a good idea to have a backup plan in case of unexpected damages or loss. Have you considered getting dedicated gear insurance? It provides comprehensive financial solutions for your valuable equipment. It gives you peace of mind knowing that you have the coverage you need, should anything happen to your gear.

Last edited:
Back