How much money do you have tied up in your gear?

What's your estimate of the total amount you have spent on your current/largest amount of gear?

• Total voters
Less today than yesterday. I’m onaroll.

your ability to sustain this roll would be unprecedented… should you actually choose to do so. I’m betting that’s not the deal here though.

Too much according to some but really I need 50K to complete my studio build in my basement. I am so sick of looking for rehearsal spaces for our band. Very few exist now because of COVID.

Too much according to some but really I need 50K to complete my studio build in my basement. I am so sick of looking for rehearsal spaces for our band. Very few exist now because of COVID.

I did the same thing. Only a music room.

See “Latest Project” thread.

Mine didn’t cost 50k though!

I need a PA, a sound board, a drum kit, my last guitar purchase(an exquisite Gibson Godess) some high end sound proofing.

Everything at Home Depot wood wise has tripled in value because of Covid so you also have to take that into account.

This is my last final hurrah. I want this to be a really nice practice studio with all the bells and whistles. So while I can afford it, I am doing it.

but first,

have to wait until my youngest son and his gf move out this summer. I have lots of patience though. I waited a year for my PRS and could of waited another year if necessary.

I need a PA, a sound board, a drum kit, my last guitar purchase(an exquisite Gibson Godess) some high end sound proofing.

Everything at Home Depot wood wise has tripled in value because of Covid so you also havevto take that into acct.

This is my last final hurrah. I want this to be a really nice practice studio with all the bells and whistles. So while I can afford it, I am doing it.

but first,

have to wait until my youngest son and his gf move our this summer. I have lots of patience though.

Yep, gold is cheaper than wood these days!

Guitars:
$ 17.000: PRS Private Stock McCarty 594 Hollowbody II (electric guitar)
$ 13.000: Wilborn Comma Nautilus (acoustic guitar)
[owned, then sold]: $ 3.000 ESP Horizon II
[owned, then sold]: $ 1.700 Fender Stratocaster American Professional I

Amp:
$ 3.000: Mezzabarba Z18 head + cab (boutique point-to-point italian made amp)
[owned, then sold]: $ 500 Marshall DSL5CR]
[owned, then sold]: $ 500 Bugera 333XL]

Pedalboard and pedals:
$ 3.000: Aclam pedalboard, on it: Origin Effects Cali76 Compact Deluxe, Boss Waza TB2W, Vemuram Jan Ray, Kingsley Harlot v.3, Fairfield Circuitry Shallow Water, Walrus Audio Lillian, Strymon El Capistan, Meris Mercury7, EHX 1440 Stereo Looper.

Recording:
$ 1.500: Universal Audio Ox
$ 1.300: set of two Neumann KM184 mics
$ 1000: a lot of Mogami cables, mics stands, guitar stands, etc.
$ 500: Audeze headphones
$ 200: Logic Pro X
$ 100: Focusrite Scarlett 2i2 3rd gen audio interface

... weeell, seems quite a bit for a 27 yo lawyer.

Last edited:
Back