Diggin' my new SE...

Awesome addition to your sweet collection! Congrats

Correction, after seeing your guitar and description, gas kicked in and they now only have two left. :)

Congrats! I hope you like yours as much as I like mine, you certainly got a good price on it. I wonder where they get so many recent models?

NICE!

Extra points for getting those SE locking tuners on there, they're every bit as good as the S2 and Core versions, as far as I can tell.

Regarding those coil taps, check your control cavity, you might just find the tap wires are there, just not hooked up. I wouldn't be surprised if PRS doesn't make a tapped vs. untapped version of the pickups, they just get them all made the same, and it just depends on if your guitar has push-pull pots or not. So you might be able to add that function pretty easily with a new push-pull pot, if you're handy with a soldering iron.

Yeah.... those Dave’s deals are what are killing me.

And I just sold a guitar... and my parts drawer magically filled back up. :rolleyes:

Wait...do my eyes deceive? Did I just read that you SOLD a guitar???:eek: but you said...and I'm paraphrasing here, "never sell, only buy"o_O

Okay that does it!! I'll be in my underground bunker if anybody needs me!

NICE!

Extra points for getting those SE locking tuners on there, they're every bit as good as the S2 and Core versions, as far as I can tell.

Regarding those coil taps, check your control cavity, you might just find the tap wires are there, just not hooked up. I wouldn't be surprised if PRS doesn't make a tapped vs. untapped version of the pickups, they just get them all made the same, and it just depends on if your guitar has push-pull pots or not. So you might be able to add that function pretty easily with a new push-pull pot, if you're handy with a soldering iron.

That is one thought I’ve had, that if the wires are there it shouldn’t be too difficult to convert. I’ll have to take a look one of these days. It wouldn’t have cost them much more to do it, seems odd they would omit this feature, and add it on the SE Paul’s guitar with those TCI pickups. Although that is $150 more new.

Back