did you ever turn down a killer top because of the back color?

Whenever I see a black back I always wonder what it's hiding. Or when you see those random dyed tops with some sort of blackburst to black back.
Also I was never really fond of the red back on the vintage/sunbursts/amber. I presume they chose red because Gibsons?? But I do love those colour type tops, I don't think I've ever owned one. I will have to rectify that :D

Although I don't like black backs, I do have a couple because the specs of the guitars were always right. My Custom 22 Rosewood... the neck is sooo nice and it's a one piece quilt top in whale blue, but the black back ugh. But I don't look at the back, so it's ok. Also my birdy CE24 in black cherry also has a black back. It's really nice to be able to get a PRS with all the colours and stats that I want, but sadly most of mine have been a compromise.

can’t buy a guitar right now because i have to buy a refrigerator.
Whenever I see a black back I always wonder what it's hiding. Or when you see those random dyed tops with some sort of blackburst to black back.
Also I was never really fond of the red back on the vintage/sunbursts/amber. I presume they chose red because Gibsons?? But I do love those colour type tops, I don't think I've ever owned one. I will have to rectify that :D

Although I don't like black backs, I do have a couple because the specs of the guitars were always right. My Custom 22 Rosewood... the neck is sooo nice and it's a one piece quilt top in whale blue, but the black back ugh. But I don't look at the back, so it's ok. Also my birdy CE24 in black cherry also has a black back. It's really nice to be able to get a PRS with all the colours and stats that I want, but sadly most of mine have been a compromise.
‘black cherry’ alone makes my hairs stand up.

It's all about the individual instrument.

We (I include myself) can be too hung up on appearance, thereby missing out on great instruments.

Yes, I strongly prefer natural backs. Black is ok though I strongly dislike the other backs (red, blue, etc.). It caused me to select specific years where the right top color was matched with a preferred back. All PRS are awesome so being selective on the subjective details makes sense to me.
I'm the total opposite.. But that's cool

Maybe? I bought this Santana and just couldn't deal with the blue back. Off it went to the PTC to have something done about it. Not the most economical way to go..........

1dK6TJo.jpg

bhxlBxR.jpg

9lH9DzK.jpg

DxBSwFS.jpg

WOW. I remember that one and when it was for sale....... Why didn't I buy it???? SMH

Back