dgt question

gush

Where is that speedo pic
My question is this, can you have toggle in center position and still get full output with one p-up turned off and the other turned on? I would like to have bridge turned up with a little neck blended in.

I have my LP for sale and am on the hunt for my next prs. I had a couple McCarty trems get away but have a DGT and a Studio in my sights. Heard a lot of good things about both of these guitars. I found a new Studio with a very low price and I'm tempted to pull the trigger on it but I also found a DGT used with a good price as well. I cant afford both (bummer).

We play mostly classic rock so I think either one would work.

Do the Studio and DGT both share the McCarty body thickness?

I have a cu24 w/5909s, McCarty/McCartys and a cu22/DIIs so I'm looking for something different.

I cna only answer one of the questions, yeah you can have the center position with only 1 pup turned up. The wiring should work basically just as your LPs.
The studios sure look sweet too, thats a tough choice...they'd both add a nice range of tones to your line up.

What about buying the DGT and sending it to the PTC for a Studio pickup. You could get a blade switch too....not that I've thought about this before:tongue:

I cna only answer one of the questions, yeah you can have the center position with only 1 pup turned up. The wiring should work basically just as your LPs.
The studios sure look sweet too, thats a tough choice...they'd both add a nice range of tones to your line up.

What about buying the DGT and sending it to the PTC for a Studio pickup. You could get a blade switch too....not that I've thought about this before:tongue:

The studio has the 5708 bridge which I really like. The DGT p-ups are supposed to be fantastic too although I haven't played one yet. I think either one would be great. As far as the LP, I can't be in the middle position and have one p-up off and the other on. It's an LP Classic so it could be specific to that particular model. It's the 2nd LP I have owned and the 2nd LP I will sell. No matter how much I try to convince myself to like a Les Paul, in the end, I just can't bond with it. Ya know it's like the video, Les Paul or More Paul.

I just got done playing my dgt .....pickups are more of a vintage humbucker. Not as hot as the cu24 . Turning either volume knob off cuts it in the middle position however I just turn down either to almost off. One thing I love to do is, turn the neck pickup to nine and keep the bridge at 10 . A very useful tele like tone there. Body thickness compares to a cu24 IMO ....neck is nothing prs offers on any other model. Really great mix between wide/ fat and wide/thin....

The DGT is McCarty thick, the Studio is not.

You cannot have either pickup on zero in the middle position and still get output (LPs are wired the same).

Both are great guitars. The DGT has a narrower neck width than than the Studio, which offers pattern and pattern thin necks, the DGT neck is kind of in the middle of those thickness wise.

For classic rock, Id give the nod to the DGT.

The DGT is a fine piece of axe, it's just right, great tone (clean and gain), neck, frets, pickups, body thickness, even the reverse volume knobs are cool too. You'll thoroughly enjoy it.

The DGT is a fine piece of axe, it's just right, great tone (clean and gain), neck, frets, pickups, body thickness, even the reverse volume knobs are cool too. You'll thoroughly enjoy it.

What do you mean by reverse vol knobs?

What do you mean by reverse vol knobs?

The volume knob closest to the bridge is for the bridge pickup, the next one, further from the neck, is the neck pickup. I think Grissom called the bridge pickup the 'money' pup or the 'business' pup, can't remember for sure. Anyhow, it's the opposite of a Les Paul type layout. I got accustomed to it quickly, actually prefer it now, but I did miss the downbeat of a few songs at first, turning up volume on the wrong pickup.

Back