DG30

gush

Where is that speedo pic
I am considering a DG30 amp but I've never played one.....or seen one for that matter.

SE Iowa really isn't booming with places to go play some great amps.

Most of the demos on YouTube sound fantastic but I'd love to hear some audio clips from those that own one. Real world recordings.

Thanks

Here's one I created as quickie demo how the 594 Soapbar and humbucker models compared. I had the amp in "standard" mode, set pretty clean.

The first melodic part was done with the Soapbar, the second bit with the Humbucker model. I used an Xotic BB preamp with the gain nearly off as a clean boost for the melodies, the rhythm parts were done without the boost. However I kept the amp settings exactly the same for rhythm and lead.

The guitar volume on the rhythm part was about 6 (neck pickup) and with the boost pedal on, I also rolled up the guitar volumes to about 8-9 (bridge pickups on both guitars).

It's probably a lot lower gain than you'd use, but for what it's worth...

Here's one I created as quickie demo how the 594 Soapbar and humbucker models compared. I had the amp in "standard" mode, set pretty clean.

The first melodic part was done with the Soapbar, the second bit with the Humbucker model. I used an Xotic BB preamp with the gain nearly off as a clean boost for the melodies, the rhythm parts were done without the boost. However I kept the amp settings exactly the same for rhythm and lead.

The guitar volume on the rhythm part was about 6 (neck pickup) and with the boost pedal on, I also rolled up the guitar volumes to about 8-9 (bridge pickups on both guitars).

It's probably a lot lower gain than you'd use, but for what it's worth...

Thank you.

I'm surprised no one else has posted a clip of theirs! I can't be the only one who's done a recording.

Come on, guys. I want to hear what other folks are doing with theirs.

I can tell you of the 5 tube amps I own, the DG 30 is the most versatile and the cab is pure heaven
I get a lot of sonic variety with mine, too. The cab is excellent - even my Mesas sound great through it, and it's light enough with the pine construction that even I can move it.

However, I like the HXDA a lot better with its closed-back cab.

I know you've got the DG and the Blue Sierra, but I forgot which other amps you have. I'm always interested in the amps my friends are using!

I would have preferred a Paisley HXDA , but the Blue Sierra is quite good for what it does. After re tubing with Gold Lion KT77's and Mullard's it cleaned up a bit .

my other amps : original Mesa /Boogie studio .22+ , Mesa Rosette ( The Open Mic workhorse ..acoustic 300w 2 ch xlr DI's) , Mesa WD 800 -2x15 horn, original Sovtek Mig 50 w Bergantino 2x12 horn, Pre-CBS blackface Princeton

I would have preferred a Paisley HXDA , but the Blue Sierra is quite good for what it does. After re tubing with Gold Lion KT77's and Mullard's it cleaned up a bit .

my other amps : original Mesa /Boogie studio .22+ , Mesa Rosette ( The Open Mic workhorse ..acoustic 300w 2 ch xlr DI's) , Mesa WD 800 -2x15 horn, original Sovtek Mig 50 w Bergantino 2x12 horn, Pre-CBS blackface Princeton
Pretty darn nice set of amps!

I'm a fan of Mesa bass amps. I had a Bass 400+ for years, a '90s all-tube bass amp that I needed a crane to lift, and a bank to re-tube.

But well worth it. Best bass recordings I've ever gotten. I could kick myself for selling it. Of course, if I really could kick myself for selling things, I'd have a heck of a sore ass! :oops:

I'm pretty sure Paul McCartney tours with Mesa amps for his bass, which says a lot.

Back