detach piezo

I have a 2010 HBll SC with the piezo pickup and whether the battery is dead or removed the mag pickups still work on there own. Just plug into the mag/piezo mixed output jack and select the mag pickups only with the mini 3 way selector switch. A PDF copy of the operating instructions for the piezo system are available on the PRS website under support/customer support center.
Mine works exactly like this: no battery, or dead battery and the mag pickups work normally via the mixed output jack as long as the mini toggle isn’t up to select piezo. I confirmed it this morning. Now I’ll toss the dead battery.

Last edited:
Mine works exactly like this: no battery, or dead battery and the mag pickups work normally via the mixed output jack as long as the mini toggle isn’t up to select piezo. I confirmed it this morning. Now I’ll toss the dead battery.

Retested my P22 and HBII: I retract my previous statements about mag output not working without battery. Dunno when I got that impression o_O

Mix/mag sounds like the tone is rolled back to 0 constantly with no battery though.

Back