Piezo sound bleeding into magnetic output

MatteBlack

Using a custom 24 piezo with both output jacks connected. Electro mag output going to a high gain amp, and piezo output going to a fishman combo. With the electro/piezo split switch set to piezo only, I am getting a weak signal/noise coming through the high amp speaker cab when playing. Sound should ONLY be coming through the piezo side. It doesn't happen while I'm not playing. Any suggestions to what causes this?

Last edited:
I have not had that issue with any of mine. I wonder if there is something in the jack for the piezo that isn't cutting the signal off fully to the combined jack. I believe when you plug a jack into the piezo output jack there is a switch that cuts off the signal to the combined jack. I don't know if it is mechanical or just electrically cut off. PRS tech support may be able to shed some light on it. If it is mechanical it could be that you may need to open it up and bend a tab to make it move more when the jack is plugged in.

I have not had that issue with any of mine. I wonder if there is something in the jack for the piezo that isn't cutting the signal off fully to the combined jack. I believe when you plug a jack into the piezo output jack there is a switch that cuts off the signal to the combined jack. I don't know if it is mechanical or just electrically cut off. PRS tech support may be able to shed some light on it. If it is mechanical it could be that you may need to open it up and bend a tab to make it move more when the jack is plugged in
I have not had that issue with any of mine. I wonder if there is something in the jack for the piezo that isn't cutting the signal off fully to the combined jack. I believe when you plug a jack into the piezo output jack there is a switch that cuts off the signal to the combined jack. I don't know if it is mechanical or just electrically cut off. PRS tech support may be able to shed some light on it. If it is mechanical it could be that you may need to open it up and bend a tab to make it move more when the jack is plugged in.

Thanks! I'll inquire with tech support

Back