Dented fret wire

Stacy E Lenihan

Just got a new Prs silversky se from a dealer out of state. Opened it up it looked fine until next morning in better lighting I saw that first few fretwires, mostly in first fretwire have dents. Like wear but not directly under string. Have any of you had this issue? Dealer has never had this issue . I received in a single box. Was surprised about that too.

I agree with Daryl, contact PRS directly. They've had some costumer service problems recently, so unfortunately, you'll probably have to wait patiently for a reply.

Aside from that, can we see some pictures please?

Hope you get things worked out.

Cheers!

This is on the dealer.
True that, but as mentioned by the PO, it was a distance purchase so logistics could be a problem. I feel for that, and I've made instrument buys via distance/online myself and have had both good and bad experiences. Often there is more to a purchase and a "deal" isn't as good as it seems at the moment.

True that, but as mentioned by the PO, it was a distance purchase so logistics could be a problem. I feel for that, and I've made instrument buys via distance/online myself and have had both good and bad experiences. Often there is more to a purchase and a "deal" isn't as good as it seems at the moment.
It’s a “chain of commands” situation. The dealer is the first to make it right. They sold the guitar. If that is unsatisfactory, THEN contact PRS.
Distance doesn’t absolve the dealer of their responsibility to the customer.

Last edited:
thank you all for responses. I worked with the Dealer and they were great. Turns out that the dents were already there as I looked at one of the photos they posted and zoomed in and you can see the dents. Unless you have the proper lighting and are looking you don't see them but they are there. They offerred to have it shipped back and they would fix, full return and refund or refund $125 off purchase price and I can bring to local dealer to get it fix. I went with the latter since it is so hard to get your hands on these guitars right now. So I got back $133.75( $125 plus taxes I paid) . I contacted my local dealer and they said they have a 3 week backup of repairs. They told me to try micro mesh and see if that resolves the issue. Well I did that and it worked. So it worked out for me :)

thank you all for responses. I worked with the Dealer and they were great. Turns out that the dents were already there as I looked at one of the photos they posted and zoomed in and you can see the dents. Unless you have the proper lighting and are looking you don't see them but they are there. They offerred to have it shipped back and they would fix, full return and refund or refund $125 off purchase price and I can bring to local dealer to get it fix. I went with the latter since it is so hard to get your hands on these guitars right now. So I got back $133.75( $125 plus taxes I paid) . I contacted my local dealer and they said they have a 3 week backup of repairs. They told me to try micro mesh and see if that resolves the issue. Well I did that and it worked. So it worked out for me :)
Sweet! Glad to hear you got a good resolution

Back